Today's Dr Visit

bamagirlee
on 7/6/09 9:11 am - Phenix City, AL
I'll be 4 weeks out Wednesday. I returned today as a follow-up from last Thursday's unexpected visit due to a Seroma. (See my post from last Thursday) 
I'm still oozing in that place right above the pubic area but he said I did a great job of squishing most of it out! He was not able to get it to drain much at all today and said it should start slowing down even more within a couple of days. I go back next Monday for him to check it again.  
Last Thursday he said there was no indication of infection (by look or by smell) but he sent a culture to the lab and also put me on an antibiotic just in case. Well as it turns out, when he got a partial lab result it showed an infection growing so it's a good thing that he started me on those antibiotics. I'm thankful and impressed with the aggresive way he has handled this little blip i the road. 

I have to tell you THE BEST part about my visit is that I got to meet someone local, who had the same surgery on June 16th. She is a lurker here and recognized me from my posts, and it was confirmed to her when the nurse spoke to me in the lobby, calling me by my name. Let me tell you, this young lady looked AMAZING!! She was still sporting a drain and looked like a million bucks AND had surgery almost a week after me. GEEZ she put me to shame. She promised to send me a personal message so we can keep in touch. She was delightful and I look forward to getting to know her and share war stories. 

I am heading out of town for a couple of days tomorrow so you gals behave yourselves while I'm gone! hehe  

Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Jessica H.
on 7/6/09 10:29 am - Johnson City, TN
Yay!  I'm glad you had a good report from the Dr.  This minor bump in the road will soon be a thing of the past ;)

That's so neat that you met someone from the boards by chance...it's good to have support.

Have fun on your trip and be careful!

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

huskerfan85
on 7/6/09 10:58 am - Colorado Springs, CO
My doc is aggressive like that.  I had a small red spot and was immediately given an antibotic.  I go back Thursday then I am odd to a week in California for some training.

Hope you have a good time on your vacation.

Gayle  6'2" 

Most Active