Drains out and more info!

Rachel1219
on 7/6/09 2:17 pm - IL

Went to the doc tonight...I'm 10 days out.  Although he was running late from an emergency surgery and I waited 1 1/2 hours, it was so worth it because I'm DRAIN FREE!

I didn't really mind the drains that much, they didn't hurt, and I pinned them to the insde of my sun dresses so you could hardly see them.  they were just annoying.  But now they're gone.

So besides being drain free, I've lost 10lbs (not sure how much skin/fat poundage it was......)  But even with the swelling I have now, I'm down 10lbs.  So that's exciting. 

I'm moving around a lot.  Probably more than I should, but I figure if it doesn't hurt, then why not. 

I'm totally off pain meds as of today.  I took some tylenol earlier but haven't needed it the whole rest of the day. 

I'm getting a little more comfortable with the smaller boobs.  They are nice looking and I think I'll get used to them once all is healed up.  I literally told the doctor in the operating waiting room as he was marking me up to be as aggressive as possible with the lift and to make them nice and full.  I said "Think Playboy".  My husband said they're playboy material...they are just not the Ds I'm used to.  I'm looking forward to going braless for the summer as my incisions heal.  I'll wear sports bras here and there, but if I'm out in a tank top, I'll just go braless...something I probably haven't been able to do since the 6th grade!

-Rachel

islander
on 7/6/09 10:48 pm - Middletown, RI
Having the drains removed is a relief!

It takes some time to get used to the size of your new breasts. I went from 38F to 36D.  At the beginning I thought that I was way too small.  I've adjusted to the new size and it's wonderful!  Love the reduction in pressure on my neck & back.  It's heavenly going braless sometimes AND so much easier to purchase.  Don't worry so much about size now.  Remember, a mind adjustment is required.

10 days out & off all meds- wow.  I kept them up at night for longer.  Moving around is good.  Just remember to continue to fit in lots of rest & protein!

Give yourself the gift of more time and I'm sure that you'll be happy with your results.  Right now, your hormones are likely going crazy. 

It's a trip, isn't it?

Most Active