Cosmed Plastics....

Jo C.
on 7/5/09 9:08 am - CABAZON, CA
Anyone have any luck with Dr. Quiroz in Mexico? Luckily, I haven't had any rashes, or real complications related to the excess skin so I think getting insurance to cover it would be a shot in the dark...actually...it would be closer to a cold day in hell..LOL

So, I've started researching the more affordable way of doing things and I think going to TJ is going to be my ONLY option.

I'm now almost 2 years out. Started at 263 and now I am at a comfortable 150-153 (depending on the day/month)

Any tips, recent prices or photos, and any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jo
Urawkmiflipflops
on 7/5/09 12:04 pm - HUntington beach, CA
My friend Laura went to Mexico.  She is on my list Laurathepinupgirl i think is her name on here.  However my skin barely hung unless I bent.  If you find a good plastic surgeon who has worked with WLS patients they know what to do with the pics.  If the panis hangs over the underwear line they can usually get it approved.  I didnt get rashes until I started itching.  I itched it cuz the skin bugged me and then just went to the dr every month to notate that the skin bugged and it sweat and rashed.  That was all the documentation the insurance needed but they made me wait to be 1.5 years out before they would pay for the panniculectomy.  I had to pay for everything else.

Hope that helps.
Kaydee
Suzi Que
on 7/6/09 1:38 am - British Columbia, Canada

Hi Kaydee,

I am considering plastics and would like to view your pics as you say you have such a good outcome.

Tks,

Suzi

VSG June 26, 2011 - 3 Year Sleevaversary

brenda F.
on 7/6/09 2:58 am - whitney, TX
Hi Red in TX here ,would love to see yr pics .I'm to have plastics soon .
was 400+ june 15th,06,..now 145-150 as of may15th,09 ... wow!!!what a ride .   
trudie74
on 7/6/09 12:07 am - Round Rock, TX
I think Shelley (aka Eggface) went there...and a few people on the Lightweights boards that post on the RNY occassionally.  I'd ask around on those boards if noone here has first hand experience.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/6/09 2:18 am
I'm also researching plastics in Mexico, and have read mixed results on Quiroz, and even a little on Fuentes (also w/ Cosmed). I've read good about a lower body lift, but some unhappiness about boobs, arm lift, and stitching issues. Fuentes had better reviews, and some were happy with boobs, but had divots on the legs after lipo. I'm sure there is plenty more info here about Cosmed, but you may have to look back a few pages.

jan R.
on 7/6/09 9:44 am - PA
I did not use them...but I used Dr. Cardenas in Monterrey and he was wonderful....I am awaiting him sending my my before and after shots (my computer crashed and I lost everything)  I would share with anyone interested......
I also have a basic price list he uses.....but I always got my quotes via email sending pictures to him!!
Loved him to death...you can see about my journey on my  You Tube video just search Janeth Repasky!!
Good Luck in your seach.....Plastics is well worth it....I was not as happy till I got rid of all the excess!!
Jan
Melissa M.
on 7/6/09 2:13 pm - Seabrook, TX
Here's a post from a couple of days ago that was posted. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/3970043/Pla stics-in-Mexico/

There have been other posts too but you'll have to search through some pages.  I also heard Dr Sauceda in Monterrey is really good too.  I know there have been some happy patients on here as well.  Here is his website and one of the ladies on here who used him.

http://www.medicaltourism.com.mx/ 

http://mymexicopsjourney.com/

Good luck,
Melissa
Evee2222
on 7/8/09 8:00 am
Please check out the boards their has been differnt opinions on this surgeon....check out MMH-(Make Me Heal) and PSj-(Plastic Surgery Journeys)
Most Active