two weeks post op

dmoore1162
on 7/6/09 12:48 am
I am two weeks post op from my abdominalplasty.  Feeling good.  Went to the doctor on Friday. 
She took my drains out only because I had developed an infection.  She usually sends people home on an antibiotic, but since I am allergic to so many, she opted not to and pray that I did not get an infection   I am now on Cipro, however the incision does not appear nearly as red.  Tried to sleep in my bed for the first time since surgery.  Did not go so well.  Every time I moved, I woke up. So I think I am going to stick with my recliner for a couple more days. 

Thanks for your good thoughts and prayers

Delores Moore
it's never too late

islander
on 7/6/09 3:20 am - Middletown, RI
Don't worry.  I developed a slight infection also & rec'd an antibiotic about the same time.  No problem.  It will pass.

I couldn't stand the recliner & used my bed.  Whatever works!  It will pass shortly.  Don't forget those painkillers!  You need lots of rest & protein.

Can you take short walks?  The moving around helps & tires you out so that you can sleep.  Finding a comfortable position can be tricky! 

Good luck!

Melissa M.
on 7/6/09 1:38 pm - Seabrook, TX
I'll be 3 weeks tomorrow and I just tried my bed about 4 nights ago.  I swear I slept better in my recliner than the bed.  I also woke up everytime I moved. There were just too many pillows to adjust just right!  The whole keeping my legs on pillows while I slept was awkward too.  I ended up kicking them off the bed so I was in a more natural position.  The first night I didn't sleep hardly at all but it has gotten better.  Last night I think I pulled something in the back because I just wasn't comfortable.  I picked myself up a little to take one pillow out of the 50 I had and felt like I pulled a muscle or something.  I was like OMG!  The incision is fine and all but now I'm sore in my lower back.  I'm tempted to just stick to my lift recliner.  I just love it.
EzySpirit
on 7/6/09 2:57 pm - Middle Island, NY
Did you rent a recliner with lift or do you just have a regular one?  My surgery is 2 weeks from tomorrow.  Thanks.

Hugs...Dale
dmoore1162
on 7/6/09 10:44 pm
I just used my regular recliner.  I really only had problems getting up and down for the first couple of days.  Personally I think renting a lift chair would be a waste of money. 
Delores Moore
it's never too late

EzySpirit
on 7/7/09 1:53 am - Middle Island, NY
Thanks Delores, I was thinking the same thing.  I will have someone to help me if I need it.  I figure it this way too...I will be getting a new recliner~!! 

Thanks again
Most Active