6 Day Post-Op Update

Renee2007
on 7/5/09 2:25 am - Central, FL
I'm six days out and I must say each day is considerably better than the day before. I had an extended tummy tuck with anchor cut and a breast lift with implants. My boobs are HUGE and so high! I know that they will drop and it can't happen fast enough! My tummy looks nice and flat but I think my hips look wider. It's so weird, not really sure how to explain it. I know I have some swelling so that distorts the appearance some. My pain is less and less each day and I'm down to taking my pain meds about 2 or 3 times a day.

I'm getting up and down and out of the recliner pretty well. I can tell that my mobility is increasing. My appetite has really diminished. I think it has a lot to do with this binder pressing so tightly on my tummy. I'm full really quickly so I'm relying on some protein shakes. I feel good, but still tire out easily. I have not had trouble sleeping so I nap a lot.

Overall, I think I'm doing just fine and I've had no complications. I'll see my surgeon on Tuesday and my drain will come out. I'm having very little output from it. I'll update with some pictures in a week or so. Thanks for all of your advice and tips. It has helped me so much!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Jupiter6
on 7/5/09 2:42 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
im with you renee-- same procedures plus arms and hernia, minus implants--- and i now have the ass of a water buffalo. hope my drain's out tues too!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Jessie-F
on 7/5/09 2:47 am
Hi Renee,
Glad to see that my PS sista is doing fine. I agree, Today is mUCH better than yesterday. You are so lucky to be getting your drains out soon. I have my post op on tuesday too, but my surgeon will not remove them until the second post op!BooHoo!! I also lost my appetite, I'm so tight that I can feel my intestines move, and my bladder when its full, what an odd sensation!!! I think I might go on a little walk outside today, need some fresh air. I'm also looking forward to posting some pics too. I agree, this place has been wonderful with all the advice and tips!!!

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

Lynette N.
on 7/5/09 5:34 am - LA

I am so happy for you!  You seem to be recovering nicely.

Lyn
Kennedy12
on 7/5/09 9:02 am - Chicago, IL
{{{{{{{Renee}}}}}}}}

So glad to hear you are feeling good and getting better day by day! I can't wait to see your results! Take good care of yourself!

Jillian
Phase 1 Plastic Surgery Completed 9/9/09 with Dr. Siamak Agha.

Melissa M.
on 7/5/09 9:57 am - Seabrook, TX
It only gets better and better!  I'll be 3 weeks Tuesday and it's amazing how much better I'm feeling.  I'm standing straight for the most part and moving quicker.  Now if I could get rid of this swelling...

Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/09 6:50 pm
trudie74
on 7/6/09 12:21 am - Round Rock, TX
Glad to hear you are hanging in there...the toughest days are passing.  I had breasts, tummy and thighs done.  I am approaching 3 weeks and my boobs are still under my chin!  The swelling in the breasts is killing me too LOL...my skin was already thin from being stretched as a fat girl.  It is like paper and I worry it will pop!  I hear it goes down and they drop, but I can't comfirm that one yet! 

jazzigirl
on 7/9/09 5:15 am - Rose Hill, KS
Congratulations on your successful surgery! I hope you continue to heal well and that your boobs drop soon lol! Best of luck!

75% EWL!!!!    Miracles do happen and the DS is mine!
Most Active