TT and lipo question

Road Less Travelled
on 7/5/09 9:49 am
VSG on 12/13/10 with
I had a BR in March with lipo on the sides - the BR was almost painless, but the lipo on the sides made me black & blue and hurt big time.

I plan on having a TT in December & want lot's of lipo on the thights, hips, butt, etc - but I am dreading the pain from the lipo

I have also heard you have to wear "girddle" like pants after lipo - so how would those work with the compression garment over the TT site?

July 2007 = lap band ...Sept 2010: lap band removed....Dec 2010 VSG
HW: 283... VSG SW: 244 ..  got down to 170 -- now at 193 and "back on track" ....GW: 155

DEBI R.
on 7/5/09 5:58 pm, edited 7/5/09 5:58 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I haven't had any lipo but need some so I could be wrong but Melissa on here had a LBL and she wore a one piece compression garment that went right below her breasts all the way to her knees if I remember right you might want to ask her.

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

trudie74
on 7/6/09 12:05 am - Round Rock, TX
I had a TT with lipo and a thigh lift...they have a one-piece jump suit type garment (mine is just like Melissa's I believe).  It compresses your thighs and tummy and stops under your breasts with suspenders over the shoulder...it can be found without suspenders too but they helped early out putting it on.  My only problem with this garment is my thighs are a size small and my tummy a medium/large...so I had to fit my tummy and didn't get much compression (if any) on my thighs.  I went out and bough a thigh support garment at Kohls to wear over my main garment when I had pain or swelling in my thighs.

The lipo isn't fun but worth it!

Road Less Travelled
on 7/6/09 11:07 am
VSG on 12/13/10 with
what about the drains?

July 2007 = lap band ...Sept 2010: lap band removed....Dec 2010 VSG
HW: 283... VSG SW: 244 ..  got down to 170 -- now at 193 and "back on track" ....GW: 155

Melissa M.
on 7/6/09 1:58 pm - Seabrook, TX
My drains came out of the open slit in the crotch area and then I clipped them to the garment.  My incisions initially had like a pad on the incisions but only for about 3 days.  When I changed my garment out at my first postop appointment, the dr didn't put anything over them.  I still don't have anything over them other than my garment and I have not had any problems.  I know some people have put a wife beater type shirt underneath them but I haven't had to since my garment doesn't irritate me.  I did have lipo on my back and a little on my upper thighs as well.  Here is a link to the type of garment I'm using.  I really love how the garment supports my tummy and my back.  I feel so fragile when I don't have it on!

http://www.contourmd.com/4_Mid_Thigh_Girdle_4in_Waist_by_Con tour_p/4-mt4p.htm

Melissa
trudie74
on 7/6/09 10:23 pm - Round Rock, TX
My drains also came through a slit in the crotch and never gave me any problems there other than annoying the crap outta me!  My surgeon had me send back my garment like the one the pp showed because on me it left an indention where the top band meets the rest of the garment...I was sooo hoping it would work for me.  The suspender one doesn't have that band so I was stuck with it.

Most Active