calling all the pros

speicallady
on 7/5/09 1:23 am - bronx, NY
hi everyone,
its countdown time, one month  (8/7) to get my body in shape for my
component separation technique and lbl operation,  I will be on that table a long time. 
i am trying to get my body ready
who use pr care nutritional supplements?   how soon,  and where did you buy them at?
when did you start doubling on your protein?
I have start the list, I have most things on it.  I am so excited, I have been trying to get this done
for 3 1/2 years, yes you read it right.  so many complications,  I cant wait.
I have be watching and reading, you guys have helped me so much.

thanks

debra
Jessie-F
on 7/5/09 3:08 am
Hi Debra,
 Sorry I can't help you with your question, but couldn't help but notice that we have the same baritric surgeon, Dr Miguel Silva. Isn't he amazing!!! I can not wait until I heal nicely from my plastics so I can go visit him. Any way, all I did to get ready for surgery is that I jogged a bit the months prior to get my lungs healthy. you can not take certain meds , vitamins, minerals, or herbal supplements 2 weeks before surgery. Good luck.-Jessie

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

speicallady
on 7/5/09 3:11 am - bronx, NY
hi Jessie
thank you
Dr. Silver is wonderful, This is the 3rd time he has performed surgery on me. 
he rocks,  who did your plastics?

Debra
Jessie-F
on 7/5/09 3:31 am
Dr Scot Glasberg on the upper east side.www.drglasberg.com/  , good surgeon, but no bedside manners,definitely not as sweet as Dr . Silva. Check out his site though, he is talented, and very qualified. I'll let you know on Tuesday the results of his work, I haven't been able to sneak a peek yet.-Jessie

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

speicallady
on 7/5/09 3:59 am - bronx, NY
I keep developing hernia, so Dr Paul Weiss, is going to component separations and hernia repair and tt all the way around
you have a wonder weight,  I was the same weight of 135, now, because of the hernia I am not able to move much, so I have been just walking.

with my last hernia I gain 20 pounds, and after surgery lost it
I hope that happen this time too
you go to the doctor Tue?
Urawkmiflipflops
on 7/5/09 12:11 pm - HUntington beach, CA
So I had my BL w/ Aug, Brachioplasty, and Flank lift then 6 days later I had my LBL so I was on the table for 8 hours total in under a week.  I got what is called "Arnicaid"  This stuff is AMAZING when it comes to bruising and healing and I started taking it 2 days prior to surgery.   I had NO complications and healed so fast it was unreal.  I think there are pics a few days out after brachioplasty and you can see my arms had hardly the amt of bruising you would think for this irish girl.  Most was that iodine junk that I couldnt get off.  I didnt double my protein either but after surgery I made smoothies with Biogreen (found at the vitamin store) and isopure vanilla protein  with frozen mixed berries bananas and oj and it made me happy.  I didnt even take my regular B12 or Vitamins because I wanted to jump outta my skin I had too much energy with them.  Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any other questions. ALSO, BIND YOURSELF NOW.  I never realized how much our bodies are like puddy.  Oh yea and buy Vitamin E and Palmers Lotion for the scars :)  
speicallady
on 7/5/09 8:10 pm - bronx, NY
hello
thank you for replying
what is arnicaid?
what does it have in it?
where did you buy it from?
I know I am going to have a problem with the
binder, I hate tight things on me.

I have to ask my doctors, which binder does he use

take care

Debra
Urawkmiflipflops
on 7/7/09 8:07 am - HUntington beach, CA
Arnicaid is an organic healer.  It has Arnica in it.  You can also get arnica cream but i find these little disolveable pills rock.  My ex got his face punched in and looked a mess in the ER and I gave him a bottle to finish as instructed on the label and the next AM you couldnt even tell he wa**** 

http://organicpharmacy.org/products/ArnicAid?gclid=CLC6vJjNx JsCFR9N5QodoV3HBQ

Here it is online.  You can sometimes find it in the pharmacy depending on where you go.
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/09 6:45 pm, edited 7/5/09 6:45 pm
speicallady
on 7/5/09 8:05 pm - bronx, NY
thanks Jodi
wishing you the best for your surgery. 
Jodi, no boards until October
talking about withdrawal pains

have fun

Debra
Most Active