When Do The Implants Drop?

Renee2007
on 7/6/09 12:21 am - Central, FL

I'm just wondering how long it normally takes for the implants to drop or settle in to their pocket? I see my surgeon tomorrow and I've not been instructed to massage them yet. I assume he'll discuss that with me tomorrow. My incisions are still very tender. My implants are still very high and huge. I know I wanted a lift but this is a bit much...LOL

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

workingmommy
on 7/6/09 10:34 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
If you went under the muscle, it is going to take a bit longer.  I would say not to expect anything for at least 3 weeks or more.  You can go to www.justbreastimplants.com and they have a forum where you can ask.  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Cindy C.
on 7/6/09 11:24 am
I am just now happy with my implants.  I had BL w/ BA on 4/27.  They are under the muscle.  At first they were so wide and so high.  I felt fat again.  Weird I know.  Just give it time.  By the way, I have been messaging mine since four days after surgery.

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

Cruisinpat
on 7/6/09 11:48 am
Hey, Renee, I'm glad to see you posting. I hope that you are feeling okay and that your boobs will be looking good soon. I went for my first follow-up today and I'm doing very well. It was great taking a shower. My arms looks amazing and I am so happy with them. Take care of yourself and I'll try to give you a call one day this week.
Pat

Renee2007
on 7/6/09 12:54 pm - Central, FL
Hi Pat,
I am feeling better everyday. The muscle tightening is still very sore but is gradually easing. My boobs are so high and tight but it sounds like it takes them awhile to settle in. I was napping the other day when you called, sorry I missed your call. I'm glad youa re doing so well and are happy with your arms. I'm going to ask him tomorrow how long I need to wait to have mine done.

Take it easy and don't over-do it.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Susan S.
on 7/7/09 2:04 am - Roselle, NJ
Mine dropped in about two months time - they are gorgeous = and my first week postop pics (on my profile) were horrifying - everything was pointing in different directions - too high etc.    I wear an underwire bra 24/7......feel more comfortable that way and my surgeon said it would help.    I was told no need to massage with the modern implants (I had silicone)......my biggest issue is that I work out a lot and do a lot of muscle work - so I still experience discomfort because I seem to keep redeveloping adhesions/scar tissue (which is the normal process)......but it's getting better - and isn't so bad that I will stop the weight training.    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Most Active