Implant Question

MyQnA
on 7/4/09 2:05 am
Has anyone had an implant rupture?  If so what does it feel like?  How long does the tingling sensation normally last?  The best way I can describe it is, like when you are full of breast milk and need to nurse.  Last question has anyone lost sooo much weight after plastics that their implants have either shift or needed a revision to make them look good again?

I am sitting here freaking out which seems to be my only mode lately because I swear I can feel every inch of my implant and I am just trying to stay calm and normal so if anyone has had a similar experience please share....

Oh for those who are "call your doctor"....I have discussed this with him he will see me in September for a possible revision.  He says everything is normal except the fact that my body composition has changed drastically in the time since surgery.  Which I nearly think is BS but, ok I am working out and I have lost body fat.

~Maxine

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Username1
on 7/4/09 4:01 am
I can't answer your question because I don't have implants yet (but I'm scheduled and it'll be SOON!)
One thing I can offer though. If you have fears and concerns and your doctor is not addressing them by either showing the reasons for, explaining or correcting the problem, NOW while you are this worried, then he (or she) isn't doing right by you. If I were you, I'd go ahead and see another doctor (even if you have to pay for the visit) and get a second unbiased opinion. Too many of us feel that we HAVE to accept whatever a doctor says just because we're already invested our time, money and our bodies with them. You have a right to have your concerns listened to and taken care of. I did read somewhere that a large weight loss can make a difference in how implants that were placed prior to the weight loss look and feel, but again, your plastic surgeon's office would know the answers and they should be more than willing to allay any concerns or fears you have NOW, not in September when they think it's convenient. Good luck to you, you should be feeling great now instead of having to worry that something is wrong.
MyQnA
on 7/4/09 4:30 am
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.  One of the minor little glitches over here is July and Aug is holiday time.  i mean literally unless you've some serious condition no doctor is available especially cosmetic surgeons.  So there is no way unless I was about dead that I coudl get an appointment with another doctor before September.  It is as if the whole damn country goes on vacation.  So that is why he has put the visit to September.  He has addressed my questions but, I just want to be extra sure that I am not being pacified.  i have not lost actual weight.  I have lost nearly 10% bodyfat.  It doesn't show any sign of stopping and I can't stop working out.  i just can't.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Most Active