Neck Lift Complications Anyone?

Leslie M.
on 7/3/09 10:40 pm - AL
My friend had his neck lift on Thursday the 2nd.  It was supposed to be a simple 2 hr. outpatient procedure.   However, during his recovery, his face and neck area started swelling and got to the size of a watermelon.   He was rushed back into the OR, had internal bleeding and was in surgery for 5 hrs.   He went home yesterday and is doing better now.  Still swollen but at least he is home.

Anyone else know of anyone who had any complications like this or experienced complications yourself?

Would there be more complications to come or is the worst over?
totalfreedom
on 7/4/09 12:02 am - Northern CA
Hi,

I had a necklift/facelift in may.  On day 3 to 4 I ended up with swelling that was more then normal.  Nothing like what you described for your friend though. Unfortunately, the swelling I did have caused problems with some of my incisions and compromised some skin discoloration.  I have since actually healed pretty nicely.  Most of the discoloration is gone.  It was scary for awhile.  My PS will do revisions that are necessary. 

Hopefully your friend got very good advice on controlling the swelling for the next several days.  I went on lasix.  That brought my excessive swelling down.  So by day 5 i was in much better shape as far as the swelling went.

good luck to your friend.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Most Active