Yay! Vitalady's D3 is working for me!

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/09 12:34 pm, edited 7/3/09 12:53 pm - San Jose, CA

For the first 5 years, I did not take any supplemental vitamin D, other than what was in my calcium and prenatal.  My D3 was trending down, however, and last year, at my 5 year labs, it was at 34.  So I started taking Vitalady's dry D3, 50K IU three times a week.  After 5 months, my D3 was up to 43 and now, about 9 months later, it is at 56!!

More labs as they trickle in.  So far, it is just the ferritin that remains a problem.

ETA: Oops, got my tabs mixed up -- meant to post this on the DS board.  On the other hand, if this helps you, that's good too!

MelissaF
on 7/4/09 4:47 am - Northwood, IA
Hey Diana!

My husband is 8 years postop RNY and he got really low on vitamin D also.. he does 50,000 units twice a week, was doing it daily for a while and he is also within normal limits and doing quite well thanks to Vitalady's Vit D 3.  Glad it is working for you also!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

sablouwho
on 7/5/09 3:39 am - La La Land, CA
Glad that you posted here by mistake. It's good to know that the D3 is working for you. Mine is low too so I will look into VL's supplement.

Thanks Diana!
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/09 10:38 am
Really glad you posted here...  I am having a ferritin problem as well.  It was low at my 9 month check-up post RNY and I started taking 4 tender irons from vitalady & 1 vectron-c a day & just had my blood checked again 4 months later & it went down another 4 points.  What are you doing to address your ferritin & has it been improving your levels?  I am now waiting for a call from my surgeon to tell me what he wants me to do.  It is really frustrating because I am so tired of being tired all the time... Fab 
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/09 1:47 pm - San Jose, CA
My surgeon suggested that I get an appt. with the hematologist he works with, and get infusions done -- I've tried to bring the levels up for a year, and it isn't helping enough (slowing down the rate of going down is not good enough), and there is no point waiting until I'm actually anemic, since I'm clearly headed there.   So I will see the hema on the 21st.

I didn't think I had symptoms yet, although leg cramps are apparently a symptom, and I have been having them after exercise for a year or so.  My only concern is making sure that the reason for the ferritin being low is just malabsorption and not something more sinister.  So I will also follow up with my PCP/gastroenterologist to make sure it isn't something else.  In looking back at my older numbers, they weren't very good even a year after my surgery (ferritin was 37 in 2004).  Maybe I've always been borderline anemic and the DS just pushed it slowly down.
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/09 1:39 am
I just got a call from my Surgeon's office & they have me scheduled to see the hematologist on July 15th which is next wednesday.  I guess I'll find out more then.  Thanks again for posting this...

Fab
Most Active