update

MelissaF
on 7/3/09 5:33 am - Northwood, IA
Ok most of you know I had an LBL on 4/28/09.  I just thought I would type up a quick upate.  It has helped me to read updates before my own journey so I knew what to expect.

Incision had an area of a stitch or two trying to surface.  I started epson salt soaks twice a day for 30 mins about two weeks ago, honestly only did it 3 days, was supposed to do a week.  I also had a viral infection that turned bacterial.  So I got on a zpack and I think that helped take care of the incision more than anything, so that looks good now YEAH!  So glad of that.  

I am back to running full strength and distance now.. feels good.  Working my muscles back up again with weight lifting too.  

I do have some hardness under my pubis incision that I am aggressively massaging and it seems to help but then it builds back up again (all internal and not noticable at the surface level other than a small ledge).  May revise at one year if not gone as it just bothers me.  Wait and see.  

I have no complaints.. was it easy? No.   Would I do it again? In a heartbeat.  I love my new body.

Thanks to all of you for keeping me sain through my recovery... I hope to not have any kinks in the road from here on... all uphill I hope.

Take care and have a safe and happy 4th.  We have lots to be thanful for this Independence Day.. not only for our troops fighting for us but for ourselves fighting the battle of obesity and our independence from its "wrath".  Love you all!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

huskerfan85
on 7/3/09 5:53 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Melissa sounds like you are doing great!!!  Did you have muscle tightening with your LBL?  That will be my next step but not till next summer, but I think I just need skin removed and tightened without muscle tightening.  I have never had kids and despite being SMO, was an athlete all my life so hope the muscles are OK.  Thanks for sharing!!!
Gayle  6'2" 

MelissaF
on 7/3/09 5:58 am - Northwood, IA
Yep, I had muscle tightening and diastasis (muscle separation) sutured together again above my belly button.  I haven't had kids either but I chose to do this anyways.  I am not sure we will and even if we do I have friends who have had kids after LBL and doing fine.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

MSHAMO
on 7/3/09 1:27 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
And it sure was worth it, you look FABULOUS!!!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
MelissaF
on 7/3/09 4:16 pm - Northwood, IA
Aw you are the sweetest! I gotta kiss ya!   Thank you!
Hugs, Melissa 

Most Active