When to expect dress size change?

Rachel1219
on 7/2/09 1:38 pm - IL
I'm only a week out of a TT and BL so shouldn't be thinking about this yet....but when realistically will I start to notice a change in my size?

My stomach had such a bulge before.  I had a huge diastasis recti which was fixed and I looked about 5 months pregnant. 

So now, my stomach is flat, my breasts are perky, but I'm still just so wide. 

I was 183 when I had the surgery and am now 176 with swelling.....

I was wearing a size 14 before and now am wearing all comfy stretchy clothes, but definitely wouldn't fit into my tighter 14s due to the swelling. 

Any ideas on where I can expect to wind up by summers end?

Thanks,
Rachel

trudie74
on 7/2/09 1:52 pm - Round Rock, TX
Great question!  I am a teacher and will need new clothes when school starts since I am a different size than this time last year...I want to shop some of theser clearance sales since it stays hot in Texas well into fall, but don't know where my size will be after a TT.  Can someone estimate how many sizes you dropped if any?

Jessica H.
on 7/2/09 7:40 pm - Johnson City, TN
I'm a teacher as well and wonder if I'll need new things before school starts.  I didn't have a large panni - estimated 3-5 lbs removed during surgery.  However, I had lost about 10 lbs before surgery putting me at 165.  I've been holding steady at 163ish since surgery.  I'd say I'll be about 160 once all the swelling goes down.  I've not been able to wear my regular clothes - I've bought a few loose sundresses and skirts to help with the lack of feeling normal.  I have tried on a few of my size 12's - they're too tight right now in the hips but seem to be big everywhere else.  I definitely can't fit into my 10's but I really don't anticipate being smaller than that...

When do you go back to school, Trudy?  We go back on August 10th, so I've still got plenty of time.  From what I understand though, it could be a year before we truely see a difference.

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

DEBI R.
on 7/2/09 5:20 pm - CORSICANA, TX
It varies by person but I was a 12-14 before my plastics and now I wear a 8 and some 6's in jeans. I had a large pannus so I had to wear larger clothes before my TT.

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

cbhjr98
on 7/2/09 11:11 pm
at 3 months out, I am in the same size, actually one size larger. I had 6.5 pounds of skin and fat removed but with the lift it readjusted my butt and now I have to wear larger pants still. was a size 4 before surgery now i'm a 5-6 even when I'm not swollen.  I lost 7 pounds since my pre-surgery weight.

cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
islander
on 7/2/09 11:39 pm - Middletown, RI
I am almost 5 mos. post tt & br.  I still have some swelling.  I lost my appetite after surgery & lost another ?10 lbs. plus the ? 5 lbs. of skin removal.  I lost about 2 sizes, but it depends on style & fit.  It's really hard to estimate beforehand.  I just kept buying clothes on sale as I shrunk & older clothes either fell off or tried to.   

When I seemed to stabilize with less swelling, I paid a bit more for clothes & sometimes bought them a tad tight in the abdominal area where I knew that it would likely reduce.

I can still wear my pre clothes, but happily got rid of most.  The tops are for exercise & the bottoms are for at-home, slouchy work.  Like I said, the old clothes all "fit" but kind of hang & slide about.  My styles have all changed now, too, as I can wear the snug, stretchy fabrics.  Love them!  The close fit also feels good as you get some welcome compresion.

I can go braless easily & love being, as a friend put it- a "wanton hussy."  My bra size went from 38F to 36D. 

So stay optimistic, know that the swelling will slowly subside, & buy cheapies as you need them; more expensive when it seems right & swelling is minimal or just localized.

It's WONDERFUL!  At age 61 when most of my friends are now experiencing the middle age spread that I went through as menipausal many years ago, I am one hot mama! 

BigCityGirl
on 7/2/09 11:47 pm - San Diego, CA
I started out as a 10 and six weeks after my LBL I was an 8 and three months after my surgery I was wearing size 6 skinny jeans.  I lost 12 pounds total.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
trudie74
on 7/3/09 1:00 am - Round Rock, TX

Geez results seem to vary so much that I guess the short answer is "wait and see".  I guess I could go ahead and shop those clearance sales since I will need some cheapo interim clothes either way.  I start back August 17th, so yeah, plenty of time.  But, the sales are now!  They stuff is gonna be picked through or gone and all they will have is fall stuff in stock.  And here, fall stuff is WAY too covered up for 100 degree days through October.

I might be up to going shopping briefly next week.  I'll pick up a few sun dresses I guess and avoid pants!

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/3/09 1:37 am
when I had my panni done last year, I was a 14 - I lost about 10lbs afterward and three months after surgery, I was fitting in 8's. 

I had my TT done in May and I was wearing 10s - but I can't fit into my 14s right now!!!!  I weigh today what I did the day I had surgery - 195, but he removed 5 lbs.  I am still not released to get into the gym yet tho. 

I think it's about 2-3 months before things 'settle' down and you really start to see size drop.  At least, that's what I am hoping!

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

Brandi7920
on 7/3/09 1:49 am - Nashville, TN
I am 4 weeks post-op LBL, Medial Thigh Lift and Lipo of outer thighs. I had 20 lbs of tissure removed. I'm swollen all over (especially swollen in my thighs) but am already down 20 lbs on the scale. I started at a size 14 and can put on size 10s as of now. Who knows where I'll be in 3 months, 6 mos or a year. Needless to say, I'm absolutely THRILLED!!! lol

i still haven't bought much yet though - waiting on the drain to come out, and hoping that some of the swelling on my thighs will subside a bit more. I've bought 2 tank tops and 2 sundresses. I don't want to waste money on stuff that I won't be able to wear for very long. It's hot enough in TN that I can get by with cute little dresses and skirts through to September. lol
RNY 02/16/04
LBL, MTL, Lipo 06/04/09
351lb to 170lb
Most Active