7 days post-op TT&BL

Rachel1219
on 7/2/09 12:10 pm - IL

I can't believe it's been a week already.  So how am I feeling?

1.  I've had fever almost every day...between 99.0-100.5 every day.  Nothing scray, but annoying.  The fever comes, then breaks, then I sweat, then I'm annoyed.  I'm on 2 antibiotics so it should get better, or it could still just be the gunk in my lungs that needs to get out?  Doctor is not concerned..it'll be over oventially.

2.  I'm moving around a lot better than I thought.  I can easily get in and out of chairs/beds/cars.  Well, not easily, but on my own.  I am walking about 10-15 minutes at a time and standing around my house even longer. I went to a wake tonight for 30 minutes...then went home for a nap!   I've likened the pain to day 2-3 of c-section (I had 3 of those).  So if anyone reading this is wondering about pain.  I'm a week out and it's about like the 2nd or 3rd day of the c-section.  Functioning, moving, but still a little pain.

3.  I'm sleeping much better.  Last night I slept from 9-10:30 (when husband woke me up)  Took my vicodin and then slept pretty un-interrupted until 5am.  Took just 1 vicodin and slept again until 7:30 when we had to get up for the day.  I was excited about this turn of events because before last night I was waking about every 45minutes from crazy dreams or weird pains. 

4.  Pain is improving.  I was on just tylenol for a few days, but went back to vicodin.  Yesterday was 2 every 6 hours.  Today I was trying for 1 every 4 hours but due to the wake and moving more, I'm still on the 2 every 6.  I think by the end of the weekend I'll be totally on tylenol and probably not even that often.  The pain is more discomfort than anything, like wearing a really really tight corset for a fancy dress but you can't take it off and get in those comfy sweats at the end of the day.  As the pain medication wears off and the pain starts to return, it's a tightening, almost like labor contraction that doesn't stop.....stomach tightens and tightens and there's no release. 

5.  My stomach is really flat and my breasts nice and perky.  But I'm really wide.  I'm all bruised and know I'm swollen but not sure where?  i know I shouldn't have but I tried on some dresses tonight that I figured would look great on me after tt.  I can't zip them up (couldn't before either) but hey, I have this flat tummy...will that make a difference at some point?  How do I go from where I'm at now to fitting into the clothes I figured I'd be able to wear?  Is it the swelling?  Will my body really change that much in the next several months.  What can I expect to continue to happen to my body as the weeks progress?

Okay.........enough rambling.  Just wanted to share.

-Rachel

vickie O.
on 7/2/09 12:20 pm - amarillo, TX
sounds like u are on the road to recovery. hope u get better real quick. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/09 1:13 pm
 I found this post inspirational!
Rachel1219
on 7/2/09 1:16 pm - IL
Thanks.  I'm glad I can help.  For me it helps just to write...even if I never even read it again.  But if I can help others with my experience, all the better!
trudie74
on 7/2/09 1:58 pm - Round Rock, TX
Your descriptions are dead on...I couldn't have said it better!  Glad you are on the mend!

...can't answer your questions since I have the same ones.

trishy
on 7/2/09 10:45 pm
Thanks for posting this.  It really  does help to hear the day 2-3 c-section thing.  I have read alot of really scary things about TT pain and I am just glad to hear its tollerable.  Congrats on your flat tummy.  That must feel great!!!!!! Wish I could answer the questions you have but I have no clue.  I will be interested to see the responses though.  Thanks again!!!

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

Jupiter6
on 7/3/09 11:43 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
i'm also 7 days out--- same plus hernia+ arms-- and kicked meds. searing head/drain pain-- otherwise better.

added you as friend-- pics on profile.

lets get well!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

speicallady
on 7/4/09 9:21 am - bronx, NY
hello
How did they repair the hernia

I am having a hernia repair (2)

but as an component separation technique with a lbl

how flat are?
did you gain any weight with your hernia?

thanks

Debra
Most Active