Upcoming surgery

jonelle32514
on 7/4/09 7:45 am - Pensacola, FL
Hi all. I am finally starting my journey for plastics. I need a BA, LBL and inner thigh lift.  I am scheduled for an inner thigh lift and BA with Dr. Clark, but I have been reading about plastics in Mexico and have found out that I can get everything done for the price of my thigh lift and BA here.  So I am thinking about going to Mexico.  I am scared as hell.  I am afraid I am going to die during the surgery and then my other fear is that my surgery will be ugly.  On the other hand, I am excited.  I put up pics in my profile of my before plastics. You have to be a friend since I am only in my undies.  Any advice or suggestions, feel free to lay them on me. 

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

deannhuss
on 7/4/09 2:17 pm - Pensacola, FL
Hey sweetie....How did you hear about the Plastic surgery in MEXICO? I don't know what I think about you going to MEXICO. Alot of people go there to have their WLS and haven't complained but, I don't know about people having Plastic surgery there. I know what you mean about them being cheaper. Anyways, whatever you decide I will be there to support you.  
jonelle32514
on 7/4/09 3:00 pm - Pensacola, FL
I am scheduled for a BA and inner thigh lift on the 24th in Destin, but I have been reading posts about cost and experiences with Drs in Mexico. I think I can have everything I want done for the price of one surgery here.  I will let you know what I decide.  Have you heard from your insurance company yet?

287/113
5'10"

deannhuss
on 7/5/09 12:04 am - Pensacola, FL
Not yet...They were closed Friday for the Fourth of July, but I am going to start calling them again on Monday. I wish they would hurry up and stop taking their sweet time. Anyways, you don't have very long to decide on your surgery. The end of this month will be here before you know it. I am so excited for you....We are going to be having another plastic surgeon at our group meeting Tuesday. I can't think of who it is. I'll look it up and let you know incase you want to check this one out.
workingmommy
on 7/5/09 8:50 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
This is a difficult decision.  There are many people that go to Mexico (and other countries) for their plastics and are very happy with the outcome.  I chose not to go that route because I worried that if there was a complication, that I would not have the access to my surgeon that I have now.  If you do choose to go that route, make sure you do A LOT of research to find the dr that is right for you.  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

jonelle32514
on 7/5/09 9:57 am - Pensacola, FL
Thanks April.  How is your LBL?  Are you healed up and back to normal?  I still have my date with my Dr here, but I honestly don't know what I am going to do. 

287/113
5'10"

workingmommy
on 7/5/09 10:18 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
Thanks for asking!  I am feeling great, although I will feel even better when the last of the drains come out.  My incision looks great and I could NOT be more happy with my surgeon.  It does come at a cost, I am sure for what I am paying, in Mexico it would be half the price, but I love my surgeon so much that I would pay him anything

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Most Active