Day 5 post op...TT/flank lipo BR

Jessie-F
on 7/4/09 12:12 am
Well, its been 5 days since surgery.  First 3 days were ok, then, day 4 was horrible (lots of pain). I'm still taking vicodins every 4 hrs, hate the drugged feeling but can't cope with the pain otherwise. Actually, the breast reduction, and drains hurt the most. I can't even feel the TT.  There is so much nerve activity going on,especially my areolas, I guess thats good.
My stomach is so tight that I actually feel an odd sensation when my bladder is full. I have one of those onQ devices that are suppose to deliver pain relieif to the breast, but is actually more of a nausance. My husband has been taking care of me, drains and all!! Poor guy even wipes me down with towels daily, but I can tell his patience is running thin. Please tell me this will get better soon.
-Jessie

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

dec721
on 7/4/09 1:29 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Hi Jessie --  I'm so sorry you are in such pain.  I know what you mean about the drains hurting.  Ow ow ow!  They are awful ... but necessary.  Hang in there with them, and they will be removed before you know it.

When I had a breast reduction and tummy tuck, I had just the opposite reaction from you: I hardly felt the breast stuff, but the tummy tuck was excrutiating!  It does get better, though, day by day.  And yes, my stomach was tight like that, too!  Weird sensation, but you get used to it.

Are you walking and drinking tons of water?  Those two things will help you feel better quicker than anything, I promise.

Best wishes, and feel better soon :-)

--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Jessie-F
on 7/4/09 2:03 am
Thanks Dorothy. Maybe when he removes the bandages and onQ apparatus my breast will feel better.  I do walk around my apartment at least 4-5 times a day, otherwise my back hurts like crazy. I try my best to keep hydrated, not eating much though. I just wish I could fast forward time :{.

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

workingmommy
on 7/4/09 2:58 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
Sorry you are having such a difficult time.  It will get better, day by day.  I do want to say that even though you are not hungry you must get that protein in.  Try to have 1 or 2 shakes a day, it really will make a difference in your healing.  My dr wants me to get in 100-125gr. per day.  It might make you feel better.   Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/09 6:15 pm
Most Active