Drains!!!

ericas623
on 7/3/09 7:14 pm - Roseville, MI
I have 3 drains for my tt.  Now I am only 5 days out.  They were fine in the beginning.  Now, where they are inserted hurts. Like a burning sensation.  I hope this is normal.  I am hoping to have them removed on Tuesday.  He said most likely 2 will be.  All 3 are putting out less than 25cc.  They are also clear like, with a yellow tinge to them.  I also got the  wormy things too.

Erica
Wendy_Canada
on 7/3/09 8:35 pm - Canada
Hi   Erica

Nice to see you posting.  I know you had your surgery monday 29th right?  Sorry i don't have any advice regarding drains. Wishing you the best in your recovery,

Wendy

bamagirlee
on 7/3/09 9:50 pm - Phenix City, AL
Morning Erica,
I had 2 and one of them especially hurt a little off and on. Not really burning, just kind of like a pulling if I moved a certain way and even sometimes if I didnt move at all. I have seen others talk about the site burning though so I think that is fairly normal.
Maybe you'll be able to get them out Tuesday, it will make a huge difference in how you feel!
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Jessie-F
on 7/3/09 11:15 pm
Hi Erica,
I too had a TT on Monday the 29th. My drains(2) also burn, like a hangnail, hot throbbing pain. mine are draining quite a bit, 60 cc each a day. mine won't come out for 2 weeks. I'm concerned because the insert spots seem to be crusty but the nurses told me NOT to touch them.      I often hear that people squeeze their tubes clean, mine seem to have fat and stuff inside the tubes, yuck!! I'll see my surgeon on Tuesday. The liquid is still pinkish. Hope people chime in soon. -Jessie

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

ericas623
on 7/4/09 9:40 am - Roseville, MI
Hi Jessie,

I just wanted to send you a message.  My doc called today.  Said the burning was normal.  Also said to strip the drains-like you mentioned.  He did say they will ooze, yours must be, because of the crust.  He told me to put gauze around them to help with that.  I hope you are healing well. 

Have a nice 4th,

Erica
trudie74
on 7/4/09 1:41 am - Round Rock, TX
Some people have put gauze around the drain site to provide a bit of cushion and protection...not sure if that would hel*****t...

huskerfan85
on 7/4/09 2:36 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi Erica, I had that issue with my drains also, my doc said to put a little antibiotic ointment on the sites, and I also taped them to me so they could not move around as much.  Taping them to me helped a lot, and was worth the issue of the reaction to the tape.
Gayle  6'2" 

MelissaF
on 7/4/09 4:45 am - Northwood, IA
The color sounds good and output! They will gone SOON!  That is what they look for color wise and drainage wise.  The burning is normal.  Have you tried balling up gauze on either side to take the pressure off from the garment.. it may help.  You will feel so much better when they are out.  I got this too.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

ericas623
on 7/4/09 9:37 am - Roseville, MI

Thank you to all who have responded.  My doc told me I couldn't take off the bandage until he does it.  However, he called me today, and said that I could take the bandage off.  So now I can see what I look like, and where the drains are going in at.  He did tell me that burning was normal.  Also said to put some gauze around the area of the drain because it will ooze.  I think I will do that and tape them to my body.  I think they are great ideas.  Thanks everyone!!!  Even with my sister having a tt last month, I feel you guys are more of a help than her.  Again, I truely thank everyone.

Happy 4th!!!

Erica

MSHAMO
on 7/5/09 12:46 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Hi Erica, the burning may be from the drains pulling, usually they are stitched to your skin. I took all the drain lines and taped them to my leg (or where ever) so they were not hanging and, thus, pulling!! I never had any burning, maybe because I kept them from pulling!?!?!? But, when they come out, you will feel like a free woman!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Most Active