Something doesn't seem right

Bakegirl
on 7/4/09 8:51 am, edited 7/5/09 11:35 pm - Southlake, TX
My tummy tuck was Tuesday, June 23rd and it's been less than 2 week.s  All 3 of my drains are still in and they seem fine.

A had a follow up appointment last week and the doctor said I seemed a little dehydrated and that he would like to put in an i'v to jump start my system.  He put in two liters of saline.   

I weighed myself on the morning of surgery.  I wieghed 174#'s.  The doctor told me he took 6.7#'s off durning surgery so I thought to my seff (yeah)  I'll should finally be in the 160's.

Well, I thought giving myself almost 2 weeks would be enough time for the swelling to go down a little so I weighted myself.  I weight 194#'s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How can I be retaining this mus****er?  I am not eating that much? 

Because it is a holiday, my doctor is not available to call.  Has anyone had this problem?
281/190/160      
preop/current/goal
huskerfan85
on 7/4/09 9:01 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Did you put the correct suegery date? April 23 is more than 2 weeks....but I know the swelling can last for weeks....
Gayle  6'2" 

totalfreedom
on 7/4/09 9:13 am - Northern CA

Hi,

Swelling can last for months, so at 2 weeks out it is not surprising you have swelling.  20pds is alot though.  If the doctor thinks you are dehydrated that could be why you are retaining so much.  You need to drink more fluids.  For healing you need to eat enough calories and protein as well.  Surprisingly our bodies use more calories when healing.  Also try lying down and keep your feet elevated, keep cool and don't do too much activity that may help get some of the swelling down.  Also watch your salt intake. 

you may already be doing some of these things, but a reminder now and then can help.

Can you still call him for questions?  Hopefully you can so you can get some re-assurance.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

O. Kufi
on 7/4/09 12:33 pm

i gained like 5lbs too. for me i think it was lots of swelling, whole lot less movement and the body trying to recover and no****ing to let go of anythiing. i lost it once i got back into a regular routine again.

hope all is well with you.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/09 6:24 pm
Most Active