Excess Skin Surgery - Anyone Out There?

mustbeskinny
on 7/4/09 10:10 pm - United Kingdom
Hi Dorothy! 

Your doctor sounds grt - does he do all sorts of weight loss surgery? 

Whats the scarring like for u? 

Are u completely back to normal now physical movement wise? 

Best of Luck with ur Brachioplasty! Let me know how it goes! x
dec721
on 7/5/09 6:52 am, edited 7/5/09 6:54 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
He is just a general plastic surgeon.  Doesn't specialize in weight loss folks but sure did a lovely job on me before.  The scarring on my breasts is all but invisible -- little thin white lines.  My tummy tuck is good, too, on the sides, but in the middle, right over my pubic area, there is a wide red scar ... which I attribute to the fact that right after the tummy tuck I proceeded to pack on 50 pounds (this was before weight loss surgery).  I'm sure I stretched the skin / scar waaaay out.

I was back on the organ bench (I'm a church organist) three or four weeks post-op, not at top form, but good enough, and I've never looked back.  Was back in the gym about six weeks post-op, as I recall.  Except for the fact that I had the drains in my tummy way longer than the doctor expected, who knows why, but I kept putting out juice, it was a very easy recovery if you don't count the pain of the first couple of days with the tummy tuck.  It was bad right at first when I tried to get up, no problem if I didn't move, HA, but every time I got up it got easier. 

I'll take that luck on my brachioplasty; thanks very much!  And fly right on over here to Atlanta.  We have an "international" airport, you know :-)
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

mustbeskinny
on 7/6/09 3:59 am - United Kingdom
Hi Dorothy!!! 

Ok thanks for all the info! 

I will consider him in my list - im flying out to america in about 2 weeks to scour around and do some consultations, coz i think its something about meeting them that probably gives the gut feeling of whether or not to use them! 

Gosh this op stuff totally terrifies me - iv never even been able to handle jags since childhood and i faint at the sight of blood... arent lifes tests so testing?!

Anyways - best of Luck again!! keep me posted! x x x
Most Active