update day 6

Jupiter6
on 7/2/09 12:12 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
post extended abdominoplasty, massive brachioplasty, mastopexy, hernia repair

6 days post op-- had 5 hours w/o head pain today, a blessing---i am on no pain meds, not even tylenol--trying to kick the migraines piercing my left eye. right drain feels like fire and cant get out of recliner but can get on/off toilet and have remote on hospital bed so i can move often. i nod my head incessantly like stevie wonder--blinding head pain from dehydration-- pushing fluids madly.

sometimes i cry because i am running my poor mom into the ground (she is MO and 64 years old and i had no idea how dependent i'd be). it's much harder than anticipated because of the migraines, no pain meds, and having no part of me free but legs. hoping drains are out tuesday...and melissa--the nerves are waking up everywhere- happy 4th of july, right----zing zing! but there's no time without pain just yet. i focus on a spot on the wall and curse a lot.

early scary pics on profile for friends only. not adding people at this time. note the ridicoulous buffalo ass. i cant really even look at the pics--they make me nauseous, actually.

i'll be back as soon as i can tolerate typing better. thanks again for all your love---can't wait to back here soon.

-S.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

vickie O.
on 7/2/09 12:17 pm - amarillo, TX
sorry u are going thru so much pain. hope u will be better soon. vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Melissa M.
on 7/2/09 1:01 pm - Seabrook, TX

Have you tried advil?   I was pretty much off all pain meds by day 6 but I didn't have as much work done as you.  Sounds like hernia repairs really add to the pain of a TT.  Be sure you drink as much fluids as you can.  You don't want to end up back in the hospital due to dehydration for sure.

As much as you hate being a burden to your mom, I'm sure she doesn't like seeing you in pain like that and is happy to help any way she can.  Just hang in there, it will get better.

Hope you feel better very soon!
Melissa

Jupiter6
on 7/2/09 1:16 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
RNYers cannot take NSAIDS-- but even narcotics arent touching this. Its the fluids. Thanks for your concern.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

FLGail
on 7/2/09 11:36 pm - Sun City, AZ
Hope you feel better real soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can you put me on your friends list to see your "yuckY"
Pics.  Thanks Take Care  Gail
BigCityGirl
on 7/2/09 1:23 pm - San Diego, CA
Shari,  Wow, what an incredible transformation!!!  Congratulations - you look fanastic.  I can't believe how much he took off your arms - just remarkable.  Take care and I hope you feel much better very soon.  Donna
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
huskerfan85
on 7/2/09 1:30 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
OMG, you are doing fantastic!!!!!  I hope you can find some relief for the migraine soon.  When you are up to adding friends, I would love to see your pics. I study others so that I can be more informed as to what procedures I will have.  Just had my thighs done 2 weeks ago.  Hope you continue to progress!!
Gayle  6'2" 

trudie74
on 7/2/09 1:49 pm - Round Rock, TX
What terrible timing on the migraines!  Wonder if they were because of the surgery?  I don't recall you mentioning them when you had the eyes done though...bummer.  I am 2 weeks out tomorrow from multiple procedures (about the same OR time as you but no hernia repair thank God), and things started to turn around about day 8 or 9...so you are gonna see the light soon!  I totally sympathize with the no moving issues and my mom had to care for me too.  What would we do without them?  I hope you get some more relief asap, you deserve it!

DEBI R.
on 7/2/09 5:26 pm - CORSICANA, TX
I hope you feel better soon Shari, you look fantastic.

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Ansampson
on 7/2/09 7:25 pm
Remember that this too shall pass. You will feel better each passing day. Sending positive vibes and support your way.
Most Active