Breast Lift: After LBL, or Before?

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/3/09 1:56 am
I just did my TT and BL together and if I could redo it - I would do the BL after.  The self care thing is a good point - my recovery from my TT has been rougher than I anticipated.  but really no pain from the BL - but my incisions under my boobs are taking a long time to heal. 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

sablouwho
on 7/3/09 6:05 am - La La Land, CA
Charming--IIRC you're using Aboolian, right? I have met w/him myself and have a friend here from OH who used him. Her LBL (with lipo) took 11 hours of OR time. That's already a lot of time to be under so I'm not sure if you could be under for much longer to fit in a BL as well. (I'm just saying that because it has been suggested above by other posters that you combine LBL and BL)

My sense of Aboolian is that because of the time it takes to do one procedure, he doesn't like to combine too many of them. But that's just me...YMMV.
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/09 9:09 am
Hi there!

I think you're right about the OR/anaesthesia time.  Eleven hours, sheesh, that's scary!

I think the initial recommendation, for several reasons, was LBL followed by BL.  And I'm thinking I'm going to go with that.  I hate to have missed the summer as an opportunity, but maybe it's all for the best.  

Remind me who your surgeon was ... my memory's not as great as yours!!!  
sablouwho
on 7/3/09 9:59 am - La La Land, CA
It's Dr. Agha, he's in Newport Beach. I haven't had any work done yet, though.

Do let us know what you decide to do!
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

Melissa M.
on 7/3/09 1:28 pm - Seabrook, TX
My surgery was 6.5 hours and I had the LBL w/anchor cut, BL, lipo and butt auto augmentation.  I think the average time for LBLs is between 6 and 8 hours from what I've seen around here.  A lot depends on your surgeon's experience and what he is comfortable with. All the surgeons I met with really didn't want to do anything over 7 or 8 hours.  Of course sometimes it can't be help if they run into some type of issue that it takes them a little longer.
hicksgx
on 7/7/09 3:12 am - Hitchcock, TX
I think when it comes down to it, its a personal choice which to do first. I can tell you what I did. Maybe that will help you out some. First of all, I'm 38, used to weight 317, now 142, and 5'3". I wound up with 36 aa boobs, 33 inch waist, saggy back rolls, side rolls, arm wings to the elbow, stomach roll, and wrinkled legs to the knees. I had the same delima as you. What to do first. Money, is the same no matter what, I am self pay unfortunately. I personally went with what bothered me the most, and what would make me feel more "normal" the most. I had an upper body lift with implants in april by Dr. John LoMonaco in Houston. He prefers to do the bottom first, but said it wouldnt be a problem to do the top first. He says if i need a revision to top, he could do it when i get bottom done.

Oh, i saw before and after plastics show on tlc this weekend. A lady on there couldnt use implants because she kept getting the contracture thing. The surgeon used auto augmentation technique to add fullness to her breasts. They took a portion of the buttock cheek and added to her breasts. They looked really great. Maybe this could be an option for you since your really worried about being too small after lift.
Good luck, G
Lost 136 lbs,         
Upper Torsoplasty with Saline implants 4-16-09
Dr. John LoMonaco, M.D. F.A.C.S., www.drlomonaco.com
Most Active