Breast Lift: After LBL, or Before?

MelissaF
on 7/3/09 9:03 am - Northwood, IA
Remember the front part of the LBL is a "pull down" procedure and the backside a "pull up" leaving counter pressure.  Now think about the front with BL... tummy down.. breasts up.  Another source of counter pressure and trust me you really wanna wait b/c of this.  I had LBL but cannot imagine my breasts lifted at the same time as the stomach is pulled down.  My doc won't do it till afterwards.. the BL never before.  The LBL does pull down on the side skin some.  But then he likes to see what is left to work with to pull it up.  Hope this helps!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/09 11:53 am
Thank you for reminding me about the front-is-pulled-down, back-is-lifted up thang!
TammyGirl1
on 7/3/09 1:05 am - Oakley, CA
Hi Kelly, do you know if Aug would have done implants during your lift if you had originally wanted them?
Thanks,
TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

totalfreedom
on 7/3/09 1:52 am - Northern CA
Hi,

Yes he would have.  Actually the plan was to do that but we ran out of time in the surgery room.  I did alot at once.  I knew I was having another surgery (face) so if he went over 7 hrs he said he would do the implants in round 2.

I am glad the lift was done first though.  If I would have been satisfied with the outcome I would not have gone and did the implants.  I sure like everything now though.

Agha does do auto-augmentation if you have enough tissue.  He would do that at the same time.

are you planning some PS?

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Rachel1219
on 7/2/09 12:33 pm - IL
I just had a TT and BL a week ago.  I would say definitely wait to do them together, even if it means waiting until next summer.  Although if you are able to take any vacation/sick days I might suggest cutting out early for winter break....maybe having surgery around mid-week before break starts and maybe taking a few days before going back. 

As for doing the BL first, I know I would have been really disappointed.  I was always larger...in high school probably 36 D, then after kids and weight gain, 42 G.  After RNY I was a 36/38 D/DD.  I figured after my BL I'd look the same as I did when wearing a bra...only without it all stuffed in there.  I can tell you that they are much smaller than I expected.  I'm not sure of the size, since it's only a week.  But after all is said and done and swelling, I'm thinking 34 C (which by the way, I was told is the perfect size?).  But for me, it's much smaller than I ever was.  If I had done the BL first and was a C cup with a huge tummy, I would have freaked!  But with my new flat tummy, the perky Cs work great.  Plus, the breasts do not bother me at all because it's all about the tummy.  So why go through the pain of the breasts and then the pain of the LBL?

I'm not sure how much of a difference in pain/recovery there is between the TT and LBL...but I'm a week out and functioning well. 

Good luck with whatever you decide.
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/09 1:08 pm
Congratulations on your fantastic surgery!

I hope I feel as good as you do, after a week!

I really am wondering about the net impact of smaller boobs.  Right now my major concern is the ratio of top to bottom.  But I must say that my shape post-RnY is totally different from what I expected it would be.  My boobs right now are just not that prominent (maybe because I still have all that belly skin?), and formerly they were my major number-one feature.

Yours truly from the shallow end of the mind pool,

Charm

Melissa M.
on 7/2/09 1:27 pm - Seabrook, TX
I agree with the last 2 couple of posters.  I had the BL with my LBL 2 weeks ago and I also had virtually no pain from the BL at all.  I was a saggy but full C going in and now I'm probably going to end up a full B.  I loved the size with the swelling but that has gone down now and I'm pretty sure I'm a B.  They do end up smaller once they remove the skin but they are nice and full.  They are a little smaller than I'd like but I'm not convinced I need the implants.  I just don't want to deal with the maintenance of them.  Plus my tummy is flat now and I'm only 5'1" so they really don't look small on me at all.  I'm just my own worst critic! LOL

So if I were you I'd wait only because I think it will save you money in the OR and on anesthesia in the long run.  But if money isn't an issue, then go for it!

Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/09 1:34 pm
Melissa, thank you.  I'm thinking more and more of putting it off until next summer.  

But I'm so unsure of EVERYTHING!

trudie74
on 7/2/09 2:19 pm, edited 7/2/09 2:20 pm - Round Rock, TX
I agree you could have them done together and survive getting it all out of the way at once.  The first 3 days might be tough because your arms won't be as useful for shifting around, but the pain/discomfort from the breasts is quite fleeting.  I had a reduction with lift done in 1999, and spent alot of time with little boobies and a big belly, but once the belly is gone the little breasts don't seem so little.  My reduction originally left me a large C/small D and with my weight being well over 200 lbs they seemed too small.  After RNY I dropped to 125 lbs and had NO breast tissue left.  I wore a padded B cup, but there was nothing inside but skin. 

Now after a TT and BA I am a C cup expecting to stay about where I am now but a tiny bit smaller when the swelling is gone.  I can't tell you what a difference having the flat tummy makes!  A C cup looks huge!  This from a girl who overflowed a G cup 10 years ago.

I am also a teacher, and I would not want to start a new term off dealing with left lover surgery pain or God forbid any complications that are at risk of occurring.  I would wait until next summer if possible and have it all planned out so it all goes smoothly.  I wouldn't do the BL first personally, and I'd do them together unless your surgeon feels strongly about one at a time.  The mobility issues are so short lived since you will have oyur arm strength back in no time!

Good luck and do what is best for you under your surgeon's advice!

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 7/3/09 1:35 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
If your surgeon won't do them at the same time, I'd definitely do the BL later!
LBL definitely pulls the boob skin down a bit haha
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Most Active