Plastics in Mexico??

ButterflyElocin
on 7/2/09 2:53 am - Stockton, CA
Hi there! I've never posted here, but am interested to hear from people who had their plastics done in Mexico. After my PCP at Kaiser telling me I would be approved and sending me to a PS who told me I wasn't approved, other than for "my belly button being removed due to infection".... which meant he'd only take the skin around the bellly button while taking it... making me look pretty deformed. Bleh!

I've seen a couple plastic surgeons and the cost is so high, but the prices in Mexico seem realistic.

What did you pay? How was the expereience? How long were you in Mexico? WHO did your surgery?

318/152/140
High Current Goal

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/2/09 4:21 am
I'm considering plastics in Mexico as well, and am gathering info on surgeons that are recommended there, and what surgeries they are best at, or not as good at.

The only one I have a price page which is for Dr Sauceda, and he has many happy customers. His price page is here. I need to know about combined procedures, and what will a body lift will entail, so have to send pics to get an estimate. I'm sure that will be the case with most of the surgeons.
jonscutie
on 7/2/09 6:06 am
Look at Dr. Michelle Place in San Ramon also. She is very good, does a lot of WLS patients, has a terrific office staff, and is very reasonable.

She was slightly higher than the quote I got for Mexico but I have had some complications and have been able to be followed up in her office with no cost except for the antibiotics.

Kaiser also told me no go and that was with 2 hernias that needed repair. They would do the hernias but the TT would have to be a separate surgery.

Good Luck.

Michelle
ButterflyElocin
on 7/2/09 6:59 am - Stockton, CA
Thanks!!!

318/152/140
High Current Goal

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 7/2/09 6:20 am, edited 7/2/09 6:22 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
What did you pay?

$5500 for Lower body lift
$2500 for Arm Lift
$2500 for Augmentation
(Also got quote for straight tummy tuck which would have been $2500 and thighs will be $2500, if that helps)

edit: There was also the anethetic fee which was paid sep. ($700)

How was the expereience? 

Excellent! They were far more understanding and patient there than the doctors/surgeons I've consulted with up here

How long were you in Mexico?

2 weeks. I stayed at Recovery by the Sea ($140-160/night, includes all after care, food, internet, phone etc)

WHO did your surgery?

Dr Quiroz :) at CosMed Clinic
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

ButterflyElocin
on 7/2/09 6:58 am - Stockton, CA
Thank you for responding!!!

Dr. Quiroz at CosMed Clinic is who I'm heavily looking into. I seem to have found nothing but good about him.

You look AMAZING btw!!!!! Just out of curiosity, how old are you? You look pretty young. I'm 24, and trying to find other young RNY patients. :) 

318/152/140
High Current Goal

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 7/2/09 8:37 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
I'm 22 :) I was 21 when I had the surgeries in Nov!
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Robin B.
on 7/2/09 12:57 pm
(deactivated member)
on 7/3/09 3:54 am - Bayonne, NJ
I, too, had a lot of work done with Dr. Quiroz. My LBL looks good, but my arms are horrible. He left permanent stitches in the arms and they poke through, causing pain. He also left permanent stitches in my breasts and they're causing problems.

I echo Robin, there's no way I would go back.
MelissaF
on 7/3/09 7:20 am - Northwood, IA
Yikes, sorry to hear of your experience with everything Robin.  It must be hard mentally to go through all that and be that dissatisfied with your outcome.  Did you tell him your dissatisfaction? Just curious.  Good of you to express this to those looking for his services so they are aware.  
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Most Active