Nobody REALLY explained this to me about the whole Tummy Tuck thing.....

MSHAMO
on 7/3/09 1:22 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I'm 4 1/2 months out from a TT w/muscle repair and a baseball size umbilical hernia repair and I still feel REALLY tight. When I asked my PS, he said "You had a really big surgery". That's why I still wear my binder. Here's hoping we "loosen" up together!! LOL
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Melissa M.
on 7/3/09 1:35 pm - Seabrook, TX
I'm a little over 2 weeks out so I can't speak to it just yet but feeling tight seems to be more normal than not.  I've had people tell me that were up to 5 years out feeling that way.  I was really worried about not being able to take deep breaths from all the "feeling like an internal corset" talk I've heard here on the boards.  One of the first things I tried to do when I got out of surgery was take a deep breath!!  Didn't have any problems there so that was a relief!  I don't know why I thought I'd never be able to breathe deep after that????
Rachel1219
on 7/5/09 12:21 am - IL
Yep, I have the tight corset feeling too.  And no, not really painful, just uncomfortable.  I wish I could just take it off and relax in sweats, but I guess I never will be able to do that again.  Small price to pay for the flat tummy I suppose.

I too am wondering if it will always feel like this, but it does make us focus on the tummy and we didn't do this surgery for nothing.

-Rachel
Most Active