Nobody REALLY explained this to me about the whole Tummy Tuck thing.....

islander
on 7/3/09 4:31 am - Middletown, RI
No, that's NOT what it's 'supposed" to feel like.  It's the surgical muscle tightening that does this.  Until we exercise & stretch them out, they will continue to feel like this, slightly decreasing over time.

I've just begun an exercise regimen designed to loosen them up a bit.  Exercises that I could do before, now take more effort as they just don't stretch as much or as easily.  But this is a good thing. That loose, torn muscle is what gave us that panni along with the fat.  The muscles also may have ripped if you've had children.  Normal.  

It does get better over time.  I still have to concentrate on standing up tall & it does take some effort. You should also feel less back pain if you had that before. 

Relax.  It's only temporary.  A nice flat belly requires nice tight muscles.  But that "tight" feeling is NOT what everyone else feels normally.  He was just pulling your leg.

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 7/3/09 4:42 am
Thanks for that - I was really beginning to think this was IT.

That bastid!!!!  He's always tryna 'get' me!  LOL

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

MelissaF
on 7/3/09 5:02 am - Northwood, IA
I think this happens more with the anchor cut? I could be wrong, I don't have that sensation.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

islander
on 7/3/09 7:44 am - Middletown, RI
If you had a tt (anchor or not), you had muscle tightening & you will eventually feel it.  It's like a REALLY tight compression garment. It doesn't hurt, just somewhat uncomfortable.  You really have to concentrate to stand up tall for awhile.  It depends on how much muscle tightening you needed & rec'd. If you had a pannus, likely you needed it!

MelissaF
on 7/3/09 8:23 am - Northwood, IA
Yeah I had a TT with my LBL.. just not anchor. It was tight and tighter feeling obviously but not like a corset like she was expalining. hmm
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Jupiter6
on 7/3/09 11:28 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
i'm so tight i cant straighten my legs out--i'm c-shaped--- but im still hugely swollen.

going to get drains out tuesday--i swear---10 days out. pray 4 me! right one killz!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

huskerfan85
on 7/3/09 11:39 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I so hope you get your drains out.  I felt like I was totally healed after getting mine out.  I now have to remind my self that I am only 17 days out and swelling makes the sites pull. Good LUCK!!!
Gayle  6'2" 

MelissaF
on 7/4/09 4:37 am - Northwood, IA
Ugh the drains suck.  I am praying for you sweetie that each day gets better, get over this hump and its all so very worth it, I promise.  Really promise you...
Hugs, Melissa 

ltlkim9424
on 7/3/09 9:47 am - Lakeville, MN
I had my tt in 2005 with the muscle tightening and I still have the tightness feeling but it helps me keep better posture and it reminds me to tighten my abs at the gym!! Its great!!
trishy
on 7/3/09 11:53 am
Thats something I would deal with in a heartbeat.  I just took a deep breath and felt my gut go up and down..yah... not fun...   So congrats to you on your flat tummy! ;-)

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

Most Active