Update - 9 days post-op

tonjasm
on 7/2/09 7:30 am - Edmond, OK
Well...I have had my absolute stir crazy times.  Oh my gosh...I was ready to shave my head.  Anesthetic is a horrible thing!  It seems to always bring me down.

I did not have pain pills yesterday and have not had any today so far.  I am taking a valium at night for all the extra that I am doing during the day so that I am sleeping peacefully, but will be so glad to not take those any longer as well (possibly after this weekend).

I did go to Wal-Mart today on my own (well, my two daughters went with me as well).  It's about 5 miles from my house.  Well...I made it...there and back.  A little worn out, but very well worth the outting!

I am standing almost completly upright.  I have been from the get go.  My back muscles are quite weak feeling, but I know it will pass.  I look forward to getting back to exercising more than just the bits of walking that I've been doing to strengthen my back up.

My favorite thing...I can't tell you how many times I've watched "Real Housewives of New Jersey".  I love, love, love that show.

I also get to see the rest of my family this weekend and I can't wait.  I think this weekend will really be what I need.

I have no regrets at all and am super excited about my results so far.  I still have my drain and I knew from the amount of draining that was going on...it wasn't ready to come out and it can stay in as long as it needs to be there.  It is still draining quite a bit.  Of course, there is that curious side of me that wonders if it will come out next Tuesday.

My only thing that I would caution anyone about that is considering plastics or any other type of surgery is to remember that you can get "the blues" and I mean big time.  It is something to be ready for and be ready to talk to others about.  I'm very fortunate to have a great support system on this.

Anyway, after I get my drain out...I'll take more post-op pics!

Tonja
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

bamagirlee
on 7/2/09 8:09 am - Phenix City, AL
Hey Tonja!
Sounds like you are doing great! I think I hit my low point on day 6 but then bounced back on day 8 when I got my drains out. That is when I started getting out of the house a little at the time too and that sure did help! I'm glad you have been sleeping good, I think that was one of the things that I had the most trouble with, which made the blues worse.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

huskerfan85
on 7/2/09 9:01 am - Colorado Springs, CO
You go, you are dong great...just don't over do.  I hear you with the anesthetic....I passed out in the shower on day 6 and was told it was anesthesia hangover.
Gayle  6'2" 

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/09 7:16 pm
Most Active