Seroma - YUK YUK YUK

bamagirlee
on 7/2/09 1:35 am - Phenix City, AL
Over the past few days I've had some extra swelling and pain in the pubic area & I was trying to decide whether to call the Drs office before the long weekend. Well last night the pain got a little worse and it was red so I decided I'd call this morning and see what they said. 
When I woke up this morning I had started oozing red fluid out of one of the lowest suture sites, right above the pubic area, so I knew then it was a Seroma. It oozed quite a bit between then and when the Drs office opened. They let me come on in and saw me right away. (They are AWESOME and always SO responsive and efficient!!) Instead of him draining with a needle he poked and sqeezed and squished and let it all come out the suture opening. It was A LOT but he said didnt look like infection. He cultured it just in case though & gave me a script for an antibiotic. Since it's a long weekend he didnt want me to run into any issues. 

He also put a flexible rubbery type tube in that will help it drain into gauze and he wants me to pressure some out three times a day and see him again on Monday. He had it gushing and I don't think I can do it to that extent!! He did say the flexible drain would most likely come out before Monday on it's on but I can still get fluid out even without the drain. The pain is already better and I have not looked at the swelling yet but it has to be better too I'm guessing.  

All I can say is that plastic surgery is NOT for the faint of heart or stomach! UGH....I got so sweaty and icky feeling but it never hurt and I never came close to passing out. It was just WEIRD! 

This is still better than keeping original drains in longer than I did!!   

Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

ericas623
on 7/2/09 1:38 am - Roseville, MI
That is great that they got you in right away.  I am glad he thinks it's nothing major to worry about.  I am surprised it didn't hurt with him squeezing like that.  It probably felt wonderful when it was done. 

Best wishes,

Erica
Nicole P.
on 7/2/09 5:38 am - NH
I am glad that  you were able to gt in before the long weekend to get some relief.  Seromas are very common...no worries...as you know I am battling one myself...but they are very trying on the stomach with the queeziness!!!

hang in there and try to enjoy your weekend

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

Ansampson
on 7/2/09 7:31 pm
I'm so glad he didn't have to use a needle on you. This morning my belly button began to drain the fluids again. We are ot the faint at heart by no means.
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/09 7:12 pm
Most Active