OT: OH MY GAWD - I WANNA DIE!

MelissaF
on 7/1/09 9:28 pm - Northwood, IA
That is awesome Nicole!!!  I never was one to run either.. I would say I was only one to run "when chased".  I have always been active, played 18 years of softball and kept on the go all the time but never was a runner b/c my weight wouldn't let me but I would be in AWE of those who ran.  I always saw then as the "ultimate" fitness level.  Now I am there and it feels like a dream. I feel like I am flying when I run.  I think that was the part that irked me the most after plastics, not being able to. I still don't feel 100% to be doing it but I am cleared since 6 weeks.. I feel better now at 8-9 weeks than at 6 though.  

I ran 2 5k's last spring both in 30 mins even.  One was for my surgery angel who was battling breast cancer who is now a survivor, there is a pic of us on my profile I do believe.  She is awesome, love her to death.  She went back to nursing school as I pushed her to go and she felt she as getting to be too old.  She was in her 50's.  So we both have given back to each other and for me that is the ultimate friendship.

I hope you run a 5k after your plastics! I will be cheering u along, keep me posted!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Melissa M.
on 7/1/09 8:34 am - Seabrook, TX
I can't get over the 5 mile run, much less the bug eating!!  LOL

I'm sure you'll laugh at this later!!!

Melissa
Lynette N.
on 7/1/09 8:43 am - LA
LOL, so sorry that happend to you but congrats on getting out and running 5 miles.  That is amazing.  When I saw the subject line in this post I thought something bad had happend; glad it wasn't anything worse than eating bug poo
Lyn
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/09 8:56 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
oh you poor thing......I'd be on the floor or hugging the porcelain bowl.....

Look on the bright side.....you only ate 1/2.  Sorry sweetie, couldn't resist! 

Love ya....
Ruth

Jessica H.
on 7/1/09 8:59 am - Johnson City, TN
Not that it really matters, but what kind of bug?

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

MelissaF
on 7/1/09 2:24 pm - Northwood, IA
An earwig... ew the name even gives me the geebies!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Jessica H.
on 7/1/09 10:31 pm - Johnson City, TN
Oh yuck!!!!  I HATE those things!  Okay, maybe I shouldn't have asked you - I had envisioned you eating an ant or a fly or some other not-so-creepy thing...but an earwig???  That just makes me sick.  I'm so sorry you ate one!!  I will also be way more cautious when eating or drinking!!!

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

inkerdoodles
on 7/1/09 9:45 am - Schenectady, NY

Now look what you've done... someone's got to explain this to that poor bugs family. I wonder if those were it's children and they watched the whole massacure (did I spell that right)....

and by the way.. I'm so jealous about the run thing... I so can't wait to run...

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

trudie74
on 7/1/09 10:17 am - Round Rock, TX
Aw poor thing...bugs are way worse than hairs...and those make me gag.  Sooo thrilled to hear about a run at 2 months out, gives me hope! 

MelissaF
on 7/1/09 2:25 pm - Northwood, IA
I know I can't believe I am already running. Actually I did it at 6 weeks and then got sick.. now back at it again!
Hugs, Melissa 

Most Active