on 7/1/09 4:35 am - Los Angeles, CA
Looks like you're all set! Congrats!!!
Reggaesue
on 7/1/09 9:10 pm - Brooklyn, NY
 Thanks so much!
Suzanne

scrappywings
on 7/1/09 4:52 pm - Riverside, CA
Thanks for posting.  I too have surgery for a TT and added hernia repair for July 8th.  I have to say that I am very nervous and would not be having the surgery if it weren't for the very large hernia.  The TT is just a bonus for all of the pain that I must endure.

I am also a teacher, but have to go back to work on August 21st (sooner to get my room ready).  I pray that I am fully recovered by then, especially having the drain gone.

Good Luck.
Mary
Reggaesue
on 7/1/09 9:09 pm - Brooklyn, NY
 Good luck with your surgery!  I'll keep you in my prayers on Wed.  We can catch up on here!
Suzanne

Melissa M.
on 7/2/09 8:27 am - Seabrook, TX

If you have a wrap around binder you can just clip or pin our drains to the binder.  If you have a full compression garment that goes from under the breast to the knees and you have your drains in the pubic area then you can use the slit in the crotch to pull the drains through and clip to the garment.  That's how mine was when I woke up after surgery.  The only time I took it off was when I showered in the beginning.  No big deal really so I wouldn't worry too much.

I used a lanyard around my neck when I showered and clipped the drains to that.  Worked great. 

Good luck!

Melissa

Road Less Travelled
on 7/5/09 9:36 am
VSG on 12/13/10 with
look forward to hearing about your recovery -- I plan on having mine TT in december

good luck

July 2007 = lap band ...Sept 2010: lap band removed....Dec 2010 VSG
HW: 283... VSG SW: 244 ..  got down to 170 -- now at 193 and "back on track" ....GW: 155

tonjasm
on 7/5/09 10:14 am - Edmond, OK
I have used the white men's t-shirts for under the binder, as well as the little cami shirts from "Forever 21" store (usually at the mall) and they are around $2.50 each.  The binder makes me sweat so it's nice to have that shirt under the binder so it doesn't rub me raw when sweating.

My surgeon glued the outside of my incision.  I will tell you that gauze will stick to it and it hurts really, really bad to take it off (had to soak it to get it off) and I am freakin' tough.  So, you might want to buy some maxi pads instead to put over your incisions to cover then (the glue will not stick to them)...then put your shirt over that...then your binder over that.  The maxi pads breathe well and just seem to give a good sense of protection.

I did not have a potty lift and really never needed one.  But, those first few days, it was nice to have someone there to help me wipe.  I'm thankful for my super sweet hubby and daughters who came to my rescue.

I am now at my two weeks out point and everything is coming alive.  Be prepared for that!  I thought I was smooth sailing and the crazy nerve ending thing has now hit.  Make sure that your doc is willing to refill your Valium if needed.

Also, you might feel the drain(s) are a pain, but if you can keep them in and let all that continue to drain, let it do so.  They honestly are not that big of a deal.  I feel like my one drain has really kept me from swelling up with traveling this weekend and am so thankful they didn't go ahead and pull it at one week out.

Do make sure you have two binders!  One for wearing and the other for washing and being ready to put on when the other is ready to be washed...and do not put them in the dryer!  Put it over a chair to dry and it will do so in no time flat.

You are going to be absolutely amazed from the get go at your results.  I still can get over how great my results are and this stage of the game.  I pray that all goes very well for you and that you can be a wonderful example for others on this amazing journey!

Tonja
Obesity Help Support Group > http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/tonjasm_group/ 

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of the side flanks performed by Nathan Miller with Cosmetic Surgery Affiliates in Oklahoma City on June 23rd, 2009.

EzySpirit
on 7/6/09 3:27 pm - Middle Island, NY
Wow...good luck with your surgery.  Where did you rent your recliner from?  I am on long island and my surgery is july 21st.  Geesh...there is so much to do...right??  Well...again...best if luck to you wednesday~!!

Hugs, Dale
Reggaesue
on 7/7/09 1:06 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Thanks everyone my big day is tomorrow!!!   I have to be up in six hours for my surgery!!  Thanks for all the suggestions and kind words!
Suzanne

Most Active