Harding around drain site.

oceanwave2
on 7/1/09 1:06 am - Clayton, NC
Hey skinny girls club,

I just have some questions for those of you that have had drains around on on the pubic area.
Well as most of you know that I had to have another drain put in a week ago.  I see my surgeon on the 13th of July.

Well I have been bleeding around the site and I actually have alot of tissue coming out of the area.  For intstance this morning the drain was at 30 ccs but I notice some tissue in the tube and milked the drain because that is what my surgeon said to do so I did and when I did that the tube almost filled up again with tissue.  The area around my drain site is hard.  I know that there is still fluid in there because the area still looks full.

I have contacted my surgeon he has responded yet.  I just left him a message last night.
Anybody got any suggestions on what I should do?

Jasmine
MelissaF
on 7/1/09 4:32 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Jasmine - same thing happened to me and it is quite normal.  Be sure it is still draning fluid even tho tissue came out, otherwise nothing else u need to do. I also had very hard spots at those incision sites where the drains were, they did go down tho once they healed up - it took a few weeks. 
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

jan R.
on 7/1/09 7:16 am - PA
Jamsmine,
    I am like you after having my initial drain removed I had to have it replaced 5 days later.  I will tomorrow be 7 weeks out of my thigh/mons lift surgery and still have my drain and am still putting out tissue in the tube.....I am just a juicy kind of girl.  I have had had to deal with worse after my LBL, I ended up having to have a 4"incision in my tummy and had to pack it for 4 weeks cause the drain was not working good enough for me......
    Don't worry to much..I am sure you doctor will call you and if he has concerns will get you right in!!
Good Luck in your healing!!
Jan
Brandi7920
on 7/1/09 7:28 am - Nashville, TN
I think it's normal to have some stuff come out in your drain (I call them drain worms, lol). I still have 1 drain in and it is a bit hard around the edges at the site. My other drain had the same thing and I got it out 2 weeks ago - the hard stuff at that one is already down.
RNY 02/16/04
LBL, MTL, Lipo 06/04/09
351lb to 170lb
Most Active