To recline or Not to recline ... that is the ??????

inkerdoodles
on 6/30/09 8:05 pm - Schenectady, NY
So many decisions... I think I may try to find a medical supply place and just try out a few and if that doesn't work out.... Hubby will be lugging ours down from the den... LOL

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

PamT
on 7/1/09 1:54 am - Downey, CA
Another weird one here!

I have two recliners on my sectional and never used either of them. I got right in my bed & surrounded myself with my pillows. I was far more comfortable there.  I have my TV in my room, had my nightstand prepared with everything I needed within easy reach.

Yes, the first 4-5 days it WAS hard getting in & out of bed (read that to say painful) but everything was painful at that time.

PamT
DS Facts
on 7/1/09 5:48 am
This post is so helpful in trying to figure out how to plan for post-op, so thanks to everyone for their input!

Bev
inkerdoodles
on 7/1/09 9:49 am - Schenectady, NY

Call me cheap....

I called around today and there's only 1 place in my area that rents the lift recliners.... for a mere $250 a month.... I'm cheap. I can't justify that when I have 2 recliners sitting right upstairs in the den..... I'm going to have DH bring one down this weekend so I can rearrange the living room. He's been wanting one down here anyway so I guess it'll work out in the long run...

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

MSHAMO
on 7/1/09 1:40 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
I was only in my recliner, I just couldn't get comfy in bed or on the sofa for 2 weeks. Be sure to take your stool softeners, that was my biggest problem!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Brandi7920
on 7/2/09 3:11 am - Nashville, TN
I don't have a recliner - just a couch. I started to rent a recliner - but figured I'd give the couch a try before wasting my money. The couch was perfect for about 2 weeks. I used lots of pillows as a wedge behind my back and stacked pillows under my legs - worked like a charm. I moved to my bed after that and sleep with 2 pillows under my head/shoulders and big pillow under my knees.
I can lay on my sides comfortably, but I drain more when I lay on my side and I want this thing out of me - so I'm sticking to laying on my back for awhile longer.

Tylenol PM is my friend at night, cause I don't sleep very well on my back.

Good luck!
RNY 02/16/04
LBL, MTL, Lipo 06/04/09
351lb to 170lb
Jupiter6
on 7/2/09 12:29 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
i am renting a remote operated hospital bed for $140 per month--

best $ ever.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Most Active