To recline or Not to recline ... that is the ??????

inkerdoodles
on 6/30/09 10:33 am - Schenectady, NY

Crazy me.. I need something to preoccupy my mind... LOL For all of you who have had your TT's, Belt Lipectomies and Panniculectomies.... Were you more comfortable in a recliner or on the sofa? Do you think I should have my DH move one of our recliners down from the den (or) should I rent one of those that will help me stand up? What worked best for you? I just want to be as comfortable as possible.

Hugs,

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

Cruisinpat
on 6/30/09 10:35 am
I was most comfortable in a recliner and slept in one for about 2 weeks. It was not the kind that helped me stand up and I didn't have any problems getting out of it.
Pat

inkerdoodles
on 6/30/09 10:45 am - Schenectady, NY
where would I rent such a recliner? I tried a google search but I'm not having much luck..

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

workingmommy
on 6/30/09 11:21 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I tried to rent an electric recliner from a home hospital place locally, but they never got any in.  I have a regular recliner at home.  I have spent most of my time in it.  I tried to lay in the bed, but it was such an ordeal with all the pillows that I felt it was easier to sleep in the recliner. To get out I just used my arms and legs to push myself to the edge, and then stood up from there.  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

dmoore1162
on 6/30/09 11:35 am
I don't have a couch, I have a love seat and a recliner.  My recliner has been my best friend for the past week.  I am 1 week out from my abdominalplasty.  The first few days  it was a bear getting in and out of the chair and I wished I had the lift recliner, but you get used to it.  I think renting one would be a waste of good money.

I did find a seat lift for my toliet and those gripper things that pick things up off the floor worked great for me.  It is not very easy for me to pick things up off the floor yet.
Delores Moore
it's never too late

Jessica H.
on 6/30/09 12:06 pm - Johnson City, TN
You definitely need a recliner.  I hated my lift recliner - it was murder on my back.  I couldn't sit in it for more than an hour at a time.  I've rented and oversized one - it has been a life saver!  I never had any trouble getting up and down - but I just had the panni removal/TT.  I was able to use my legs in place of my stomach muscles.  Too bad you don't live closer - I'm selling my lift recliner.  So - If anyone close to TN needs one - just let me know!

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

Melissa M.
on 6/30/09 12:51 pm - Seabrook, TX

Yes yes yes!  My dr wanted me to sleep in a recliner for 2 weeks.  He said it was important for me to stay in a lawn chair position to reduce the stress in the incision areas.  I had a LBL and I am 2 weeks out and love my lift chair.  If you can try one before, I would.  I was supposed to have surgery in March and rented a nice comfy one from rentacenter. Once I got it it was a little too big.  I'm short too and the way pillow came out on top of the head portion of the recliner was awkward.  Felt like it pushed my head forward a little.  I would have managed if I had too.  For this round of surgery, I went back to the medical supply store and was able to sit in different ones until I found a perfect fit.  It was more expensive which is why I had gone to Rentacenter in the first place.  This time I decided to pay more for comfort.  What I love about it is that you can control how much you want to recline and have your legs up.  Plus it lifts you so far up you hardly have to lift yourself up at all.  Those first days are when you are really gonna need it the most anyway.  Now I don't need it to lift me up at all.  It's been a godsend!  You can find them at Rentacenter, Aaron Sales and Lease and some medical supply stores.

Good luck,
Melissa

ericas623
on 6/30/09 1:11 pm - Roseville, MI
I have a big love seat, a couch, and I moved my recliner from the basement up here.  Now today is my first day home.  However, I did sit in the love seat for a little while, but ended up in the recliner.  I feel a little bit safer in the recliner.  You can't really turn.  Plus the elevated feet seems to help.

Erica
MelissaF
on 6/30/09 1:59 pm - Northwood, IA
Im gonna be the weird one.  I hated the darn recliner.  Instead i used my couch and wedged several pillows behind me and one to two under my knees.  Loved it.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/09 4:43 pm
Most Active