for those who had/or having multiple surgeries

sweetbabi
on 6/30/09 10:17 pm - Haines City, FL
Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping to have a breast reduction in Aug/ Sept (maybe even Oct) and then a TT in Dec/Jan, but they will be by 2 different surgeons so I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be too much of  a conflict. I know it's something I'll have to ask them, but just wanted to see what other drs have said. The surgeon who did my RNY will do my TT (if I'm approved). I may ask if he'll do the reduction too, but I'm going to see who my ins refers me to for it first.

BigCityGirl
on 6/30/09 11:52 pm - San Diego, CA
I waited four months after my LBL before my BL/BR and brachioplasty.  Although physically I was fine, mentally I could have used a few more months.  I went eight months after that.  If you're having an LBL, I'd wait at least two to three months to follow with another surgery.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
sweetbabi
on 7/1/09 12:59 am - Haines City, FL
thanks. My BR will be first. I only have until February to have it covered under insurance since my hubby is getting out of the military. So I'm trying to squeeze them all in. I don't know if I will need my arms and thighs done (probably will), but those will have to be self pay, so I will wait a while for those.

BigV
on 7/1/09 12:43 am - UK
I just had my 7th sugery..... I had my first late january 2008....... Multiple procedures and various revisions............... however I did have an extreme amount of excess skin after losing 220lbs+  without WLS  and I am also younger than most people here (23), so I think that helps recovery somewhat.

My surgeon kind of insists on 6 to 7weeks between surgeries and after my first op (LBL, male breast reduction and back roll excision) I had to wait over 2 months

Personally I feel ready to go for further surgery after about 3 weeks, but my body probably isn't ready until 4,5 weeks out, especially after my last surgery where I had a decent amount of bleeding and bruising.

I would say plan a minimum of 8 weeks depending on how big the operation is - I mean a LBL is in a different league to a simple arm-lift IMO.

DS Facts
on 7/1/09 5:26 am
My surgeon said, when you are healed and ready, approx 3-4 months. I am having LBL in late Sept and am planning on arms/BL in Feb.

Bev
Melissa M.
on 7/1/09 8:49 am - Seabrook, TX
My dr recommends 3 months from a LBL to give time for the swelling to subside and to heal well.
Most Active