I'm Scheduled!!

ColoradoHusker
on 6/30/09 5:58 am - Colorado Springs, CO
I just scheduled surgery - lower body lift (all around incision) and thigh lift (incision down inside of thigh) set for September 29.  I opted for two nights in hospital as I will be having surgery in Denver and live about 60 miles south.

More nervous about this than RNY and total knee replacements (both knees, separate surgeries).  Plastics is such a personal surgery to me.  With my RNY it was more of a spiritual thing for me - I knew that at 440 lbs. I could die on the table or never make it out of the hospital.  With my knees, it was more of a 'wham-bam-thank you ma'am', here's your new knee, go to physical therapy, you'll be fine.  For me, plastics is creating a new looking me - I'll live with the surgeon's skill/decisions/results for the rest of my life that everybody else will see, too.

However, after losing 220 lbs. plastics is necessary.  The doctor estimates I have between 20 - 30 lbs of extra skin to be removed.  I know that the extra skin behind my knees and belly area affects how much bend I get in the new knees and movement in general.  Shapers aren't cutting it anymore.  In fact, the more I lose, the more my panni falls out of my panty shapers and the thigh-length shapers smush everything into a big bulge that becomes hot and sticky.  Ewwww!  I know I'm preaching to the choir here!

Thanks for listening!
Jana
Cindy F.
on 6/30/09 7:31 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Wow you have done great.  220 lbs.  Congratulations on that.  Awesome. 

I understand what you mean.  Exciting and very scary at the same time.  I am scheduled for a breast lift, LBL, tummy tuck and lipo on Oct 5.  So right after you.

One minute I can't wait and the next I am wonder what in the he@@ am I thinking LOL.  But did the same with my sleeve surgey.  i was so excited I could not stand it and then scared out of my ever loving mind.  but it was so worth it.  So I am just figuring this will be the same.  But your right we are at the mercy of our doctors skills and work. 

Wow between 20 to 30 lbs of extra skin will make a big difference in how you look and feel. 

Well we can take this journey together. 

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
ColoradoHusker
on 7/1/09 1:36 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi Cindy -

We'll walk this path together!!!!  You go first! LOL 

I so understand the one minute being excited, the next minute being looped with apprehension.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole idea.  Right now just the thought of getting out of the these hot, sticky shapers is enough to keep me motivated!

Good luck and we'll keep in touch!
Jana
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/09 5:10 pm
ColoradoHusker
on 7/1/09 1:41 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Hi Jodi -

I was just thinking this morning how I don't even know what it's like not to have a tummy, let alone a large pannus.  I can't even begin to imagine.

I'll go back in to have my arms and breasts done - maybe early December.  We decided to start with the body parts that bother me the most - lower body and take it from there.

Take Care,
Jana
Most Active