update (xpost)

Jupiter6
on 6/29/09 11:17 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
thanks for the thoughts. im typing with my left hand and poorly because someone replaced my fingers with a package of Snausages.arms are tiny. chest seems happy. hernia hurts like hell. very hard to move w/o tearing or pulling things.moms been a saint and moves and feeds me--id be screwed without her.

surgery thursday was almost 12 hours- doc said its good i didnt do circumferential (front and back) because im tiny and it would have been torture, but is thrilled with results. first 2 days on dilaudid was better--been home/ on tylenol 3 since saturday and vicodin/ambien when i sleep. i cant lie--this is excrutiating, pain wise. would not suggest it to anyone i like.

good news is it seems to look good and is healing. i have a terrible headache because we cant get my head or butt positioned well due to muscle tightness. was 156.5 pounds last week, am 147.5 today  and hugely swollen. cant hold phone or pen well.

thanks for your concerns.will write in a few days when its easier.

take care- feel free to pass this on.

Shari

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

sboyd1
on 6/29/09 11:20 am - Pearland, TX
Glad to hear you're on the mend..... wishing you all the best....
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/09 11:31 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
So glad to hear you are happy with your results!
I know what you mean about having "Snausage" fingers....great description!! lol

Best wishes for a speedy and complication free recovery.

Ruth
Melissa M.
on 6/29/09 12:54 pm - Seabrook, TX
Glad you are home and recovering.  Please take it easy.  It does get better with each passing day.
workingmommy
on 6/29/09 1:02 pm
RNY on 12/10/07 with
So glad you are healing well.  You are one tough cookie!  Take care of yourself.

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

E. MEXICO
on 6/29/09 2:36 pm - Canada
good to hear from you...keep strong!
ellen
DEBI R.
on 6/29/09 8:51 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Glad to hear you're home and resting.
Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/09 6:29 pm
jazzigirl
on 7/2/09 5:47 am - Rose Hill, KS
I hope the worst is behind you and each day gets better. Thanks for posting, even though I'm sure it was difficult. I'll be watching for your updates.

75% EWL!!!!    Miracles do happen and the DS is mine!
Most Active