Back home from TT/Lipo and BR

Jessie-F
on 6/30/09 4:54 am, edited 6/30/09 4:56 am
All I can say is OUCHY!!! , although its not as bad as I anticipated. My breast hurts more than my tummy, and the lipo doesnt yet. More than anything , I just feel nervous about the oozing, drains, and my swollen hands and feet. I'm walking around as much as possible, and keeping hydrated. The surgeon put a onQ pump on my breast but they really hurt. I have my 1st follow up on Tuesday, hopefully I'll be better by then. Thank you guys for being so helpful through this journey.-Jessie

Highest weight:215/ Surgery day:199/ current:139/ Goal weight:130

Rachel1219
on 6/30/09 5:10 am - IL
Good luck.  I hope you get comfortable soon.  I'm 5 days out from TT with Lipo also and BL.  I definitely felt it more in my breast area and the high chest (rib area).  They say it's from the stretching of skin there. 

I'm really swollen today in my whole stomach and chest area, but fortunately not anywhere else on my body.  I'm wearing the support stockings still...they feel nice on my legs.  I'm not in compression garments yet, my doctor likes to wait to let the incision area heal and breath.  I go to see him tonight so maybe tonight I'll start wearing compression garments which might help with swelling. 

Be prepared that in a few days you'll notice a lot of brusiing and some pain from the lipo.  All the sudden I had this HUGE bruise going down the entire side of my body, both sides.  It's all purple and just really big.  I've heard that the pain from lipo is worse than anything else.  It starts at my breasts and goes all the way down to the top of my thighs.  This too shall pass though, right?

I hope you begin to feel better.  I'm able to get in and out of chairs, bed, recliners easily by myself.  I can go to the bathroom and shower easily by myself (although I do have my husband nearby just in case for the shower and have him wash my back and feet for me).  Sleeping is getting better, but is still difficult with crazy wild dreams, I wonder if it's the leftover anestesia working itself out or the narcotics...but I wake up after every dream and boy are they wacky. 

Good luck.  PM me if you want to chat as we are so close in dates we'll know each others pains.

-Rachel
Cindy F.
on 6/30/09 7:50 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Please take care Jessica.  I am sure each day you will feel better and better.  Then I want the details. 

Hugs and kisses
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Lynette N.
on 6/30/09 11:15 am - LA
Hoping you are feeling better quickly
Lyn
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/09 5:13 pm
Most Active