BACK AT WORK + UPDATE

Pat Rice
on 6/30/09 2:47 am - Northern, NJ
Hi again,
Well yesterday was my first day at work at 11 days aout from TT,LBL & Breast lift revision. As some know, I had complications but i do feel a little better each day. Thank you for all your notes and well wishes.
I do have a desk job so that does help and I am here again today. I do walk with a bit of a shuffle and slow for me. When I get home, I can't wait to crawl in bed. Stopped pain killers last Friday and still on antibiotics for complications.
I really think it made a difference being in the hospital for first 3 days. It got me on my feet. The first full week was the hardest thing I have ever endured. I am so grateful to be okay. Still get very low grade fevers, but tylenol helps with that.
Weight is the same as pre op, Doc says to wait for six weeks from surgery. However, he says he removed 7-9 lbs from surgery. It messes with me a bit, but I do feel smaller overall. Just have to be patient.
Doc took last drain out today..ew. Not crazy about that feeling bit it is done!
Hugs, Pat
HUGS, PAT  
RNY 8/26/05 preop 226.2 lowest 132.7
LBL,TT,MASTOPEXY 6/17/09 preop 141.7 removed 7 lbs current 131.5 7/14/09
bamagirlee
on 6/30/09 2:53 am - Phenix City, AL
Girl, YOU ARE THE BOMB for being back at work already!!! I can't even go there in my mind! I have a desk job but it's high stress, up and down, busy busy busy and I'll be out for 4.5 weeks.
Please rest when you're at home! Don't overdo it!
Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Pat Rice
on 6/30/09 5:11 am - Northern, NJ

Thank Phyllis,

It is lonely at home for me. I have my amazing puppies, but I think I just need not to think about things too much. I can get a little in the dumps. A high stress job of any kind is not what you need! I am convinced stress can hurt our recoveries. i was so overly stressed prior to surgery that I wonder if it played a role in complications. I am trying for 9pm lights out. It is a new post op habit and i love it. Aren't I exciting? lol
Thank so for the encouragement. Hugs, Pat

HUGS, PAT  
Melissa M.
on 6/30/09 3:48 am - Seabrook, TX
I am 2 weeks out today and they removed 10 pounds.  Today was the very FIRST day I've seen the scale come down to reflect 5 pounds of that!!  YAY!  Hopefully they will stay way, but we'll see.  I have really been working on making sure I keep my legs up though.  It may be a while before you see the weight on the scale though since you are back at work so soon.  I tell you though, I am so darn tired of the recliner.  It took a while but I have actually been able to sleep 6-7 hours straight in it. 

Like I said, you are braver than me! 
MSHAMO
on 6/30/09 12:08 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Hi Pat, Glad to hear that you are doing better, yes, it will get better as the days go by. Since you are back to work and with your complications, I think it's a great idea to "hit the hay" at 9PM, you should get all the rest you can. The scale will eventually catch up to you, it took me about 3 weeks!! Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/09 5:39 pm
Pat Rice
on 7/3/09 3:14 am - Northern, NJ
Jodi,
9 pm bedtime rocks! I love it, but the trick is to get people who like to call after 8:30pm to used to the new me! I  would be happy to chat with them at 6am.. ha!

How are you doing post op? I read alot about you and I think it is best when you can stay in hospital as long as possible. It is very hard when you get home. Part of you wants to be able to do everything you did pre-op and the other part just can't.
Party on, friend !!!!!
Hugs. Pat
HUGS, PAT  
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/09 7:56 pm
MelissaF
on 7/1/09 5:05 am - Northwood, IA
Hi Pat!!! I am so glad you are doing so well now.  Sounds like u are anyawys.  I got your other reply to your previous post, I am just gonna post here, hope u don't mind!

I am so glad my words of encouragement helped you - you had me in tears when you said u printed it all out, aren't u a dear.  I can give you my phone number in a PM.  I will send it to you.  You can call me anytime.  For some reason it doesn't ring well in my house (cell phone) but it does alert me if I have a voice mail, weird I know.  So leave a message if you do call.

I am dealing with what I think is fat necrosis, feels like hard marbles under my pubis incision.  Necrosis is basically tissue death which I am sure you know about.  Wow have u had some rough goes with all that. I would love to see your pictures.  I am sure you will want a revision is if it extensive and unfortunately that area is the fartherst from the blood supply (think heart) and ciruculation can be weaker through there and less oxygen and well the tissue can't survive if it has been disrupted and also the lymphatic system is disrupted, got a lot of things wokring against us.  But revisions can change that.  I am sorry you had to deal with that.  Hang in there! I can't believe you are back to work after 11 days.. unreal.  The pie crust thing u speak of... meaning your are sorta "puckered" I am too in places but many say that evens itself out.. I am gently massaging with the vitamin E oil and after I shower i put the silicone strips back on and they do flatten it a lot.

Email me pics if u want to: [email protected] I would love to see them!  Then I will send u my phone # if u want it.

Hang in there friend!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

Pat Rice
on 7/3/09 3:09 am - Northern, NJ
Hey Mel,
The "Pie Crust" is actually a technique my surgeon uses all the way around. He says it allows him to pull tighter. It takes longer to do and there is less incidence of suture breakage. he prefers the result. It literally is a thick bulge all around me. Yesterday, I was trying to pull my pj pants up on one side until I realized it wasn't my pj pant I was pulling on...ew ...it was pie crust. Having trouble getting photos from camera to computer, soon as I do, I will send to you.

Can't believe you are dealing with necrosis too! That whole pubis area is very tender for me. The necrosis is a hard dark scab and continues to get smaller. I try not to look. Thanks for clinical explanation of necrosis ...the idea of blood supply and heart proximity made alot of sense.

Wednesday left work early after only 3 hours and got in bed with low grade fever and shivers. Felt much the same on Thursday and did not go to work. Better today. I wonder if what I am thinking is fever is actually nerve endings coming back...like what you had. My skin is so sensitive to touch.

I read you post about 5 mile run and bugs.....eeek...I feel bad, so gross. Try to put it out of your mind. You have been through so much worse. i sound brave but I hate bugs too.
Congrats on running 5 miles, you are amazing.
Hugs, Pat
HUGS, PAT  
Most Active