Okay now I have a thigh lift question

Kristina M.
on 6/29/09 12:51 am - North East, MD
 Okay so I had my appointment with my PS for a thigh lift. I have to wait 1 more year. He feels I am still loosing weight in my thighs and would rather wait so he only has to do it once. (THANK YOU). BUT this is the surgery that scare me the most. I have heard so many horror stories with this 1. Plus I had so many skin break down issues and open wounds from the LBL and I worried about the complications. Can anyone share their story. Does anyone feel they reached a point that sometimes maybe I should just be happy at where I am and not have this last surgery? I am starting to feel maybe I am being selfish and that there comes a point that I should just be happy. When I started all this I said all I wanted was to be a size 10 well I have that. SOOOOO????

Kristina
trudie74
on 6/29/09 1:11 am - Round Rock, TX
I just had my thighs done one week ago.  I had the lift where the incision is in the bikini line/fold of the leg...not the vertical down up & down the thigh kind.  After having a couple of different procedures, based on the location of the incision I would say the bikini line version might be the hardest to recover from.  The location is very sensitive no matter what position you lay or sit in, and it is harder to keep still and dry.  You really have to want it to get thighs done IMO...it has been the one thing I am not sure I am happy I did.  Time will tell since I am still very early out, but I would hate to not be honest about how painful it has been.  Good luck!

Kristina M.
on 6/29/09 2:06 am - North East, MD
 Thank you so much. I cant say if I would ever wear shorts so I don't know if the scare would matter to me.I wish you all the best and a veryyyyyy speedy recovery
Kristina
jan R.
on 6/29/09 1:57 pm - PA
Kristina,
     I am currently 6 weeks out from my thigh lift.  I like others have currently had a little buyers remorse....but I am struggling a little cause I still have a drain and did end up with an infection.  I have the thigh lift that is in the bikini line but also goes 1/2 way down my inner thighs also!  I loved my thighs the first few days after surgery...but now swelling has set in...and It will be awhile before it all goes back to normal.....
    I am sure I will love them...I am glad the upper innner sking hang is gone..but they are not as small as I would have liked them to be.....but I am a pretty big girl...I am 5'11 and was over 400 lbs......I am under 200 now but would like perfection...just don't have the skin to agree with the perfect body I want...LOL
Good Luck in your decision.....mine was hard too..I waited to do my last because I don't heal well cause of a pre-existing illness that I have to take drugs that supress my immune system.....  So I totally understand the apprehension...I just needed to finish the journey.....good or bad I am glad I did
Take Care
juicy jan
Most Active