Here's a Shout Out to all my SWELL SISTERS. How Are Ya?

bamagirlee
on 6/30/09 3:05 am - Phenix City, AL
Hey Ladies!
How's the swelling today? Mine is about the same. I did have my husband take some pics yesterday that I'll post later on today. TOM (AKA 'the curse', 'Aunt Flo' etc..) dropped in on me yesterday and boy do I ever feel bloated! I hope this is not TMI but even my tampons feel tight...GEEZ I guess the swelling is on the inside as well. Anybody else experience that?? 
I am hoping that once TOM departs that at least some of the swelling will take a hike as well.    

The good news is I'm beginning to do more around the house with less effort. I rest in between tasks but at least I do feel like getting up and doing things now. I'll be three weeks out on Wednesday and I am slowly feeling 'normal' creep back in! WoooHooo

Hang in there....THIS TOO SHALL PASS...and we will have bodies our friends will be jealous of!   

Phyllis

HW 314, SW 287, PS Weight 198, CW 181

Panniculectomy/Anchor TT   06-10-09 

7.4cc in 10cc band 

dmoore1162
on 6/30/09 3:45 am
I was pretty swollen last night.  But today with ice, it is back down.  I did way too much yesterday so am taking it easy today.    I am hoping to get the drains out on Friday.  That I think is my "sore spot".  It just feels funny and irritating.  I am one week out.

Tom should be coming for a visit tomorrow or Thursday.  I am hoping with the surgery he either will decide not to come or leave almost as soon as he gets here.  I do not feel like dealing with drains and Tom both. 

When did you notice the weight loss on the scale, 
Delores Moore
it's never too late

bamagirlee
on 6/30/09 7:18 am - Phenix City, AL
I know that funny and irritating feeling the drains bring! I felt SO much better once they were out. I even slept better. It was almost like I was afraid to move with them in, fearing it would hurt or they would come out if I layed a certain way.
Tell Tom to stay away till you get those drains out!
Phyllis

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Melissa M.
on 6/30/09 3:57 am - Seabrook, TX
Today is the first day I have noticed the swelling come down a TAD bit.  I also even saw 5 pounds of the 10 the dr removed on the scale!  I am starting to feel better too.  I've been doing a little more but I'm careful not to overdo.  I keep my legs up in the recliner as much as possible which I think is finally helping.  I sure hope the pounds stay off but I'm not getting my hopes up of them staying off just yet.  It did make me feel better though.  It sure does do a number on you when you come home weighing more than when you went in.

Like you said, this too shall pass!

Melissa
bamagirlee
on 6/30/09 9:16 am - Phenix City, AL
Congrats on the scale moving!! WoooHooo! I guess I was one of the lucky ones on the scales because my weight went down pretty fast. I know in part because I was not eating much for at least 10 days or so. My appetite has come back now so I've gained a couple of pounds but thats OK, I know I still have some swelling and I'm not going to worry about weight until I'm further out, jus****ching what types of food I eat. The Dr took of almost 17 lbs and I'm down 14 lbs since the morning of surgery so I'll take that for now!!
Phyllis

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Rachel1219
on 6/30/09 4:50 am - IL
I'm only 5 days out and the swelling really started today.  I woke up feeling like I was trapped in my body, like I can't understand why my skin doesn't rip open it's so tight.  Does that make sense?

I got TOM yesterday.....wasn't due for about a week but I guess the trauma of surgery caused it to come early.  I'm hoping it's a little lighter than normal and goes away faster? 

So....really, this swelling will last how long????? I feel like I'd be able to move around and function more if it wasn't for this uncomfortable tight feeling in me like I'm going to explode. 

Ahhhhh!

-Rachel
Melissa M.
on 6/30/09 5:38 am - Seabrook, TX
I had my surgery on Tuesday and TOM came on Thursday.  I thought OMG how am I gonna manage this when I can barely sit on the toilet!  Plus I was in my compression garment that goes from under my breast to my knees with a slit in the crotch.  To my surprise I was a lot lighter and managed not to mess up my garment which was my biggest concern..
bamagirlee
on 6/30/09 9:19 am - Phenix City, AL
Hey Rachel,
I'll bet TOM has something to do with your swelling, I know it has me. WHEW I feel like a balloon, especially in my lower tummy where all the female stuff is. Mine seems to be lighter than normal too and I'm not complaining! 
The swelling is different for everyone, didnt start fo rme until I was well into week 2. Some say it lasts several months off and on but hopefully more off than on!! Hang in there! If you explode I promise to come help you clean up  the mess. LOL  
Phyllis

7.4cc in 10cc band 

Jessica H.
on 6/30/09 12:01 pm - Johnson City, TN
Never heard of TOM being used for the monthly curse...anyway - what is it with surgery and TOM?  TOM came to visit in the hospital with my RNY and then 2 weeks after my TT - which was 2 weeks early.  I just started using my birth control again to make it a little lighter and shorter.  Maybe that's where some of my swelling is coming from?  I'm not terribly swollen - but I can tell that I am.  I was so flat at one week out - and now....grrrrrr.  I ordered some Hanes today - will be sending the Spanx back this weekend, probably.  I got three garments from Hanes for less than what I paid for one Spanx!  Is everyone else sleeping in their binder/compression garment?  I'm wondering if I should....

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

Melissa M.
on 6/30/09 1:05 pm - Seabrook, TX
I keep my compression garment on 24/7 except for a couple hours a day.  I'm using the one my surgeons sent me home in but I'm only 2 weeks out.  I'm gonna ask him tomorrow at my appt when I can move into like a stage 2 garment (spanx type).  I do plan on being in this one for 6 weeks since I feel much better in it so far.  Of course that may change the further out I get.
Most Active