Side brusie and pain

Rachel1219
on 6/29/09 11:00 pm - IL
I'm now 5 days out from my tt and bl and have worse pain in my side of my chest area and more bruising.  I'm assuming this is from lip in the area during the bl?  It's more swollen and sore than before.  Is this normal?

My doctor doesn't like any compression garments for the first week.  He said just a light dressing over the incission area (I just have it taped on to cover the nipple area down to the under part.  And other than that, I'm just going braless for now.  My appointment with him is either tonight or tomorrow where I will probably start wearing more of a sports bra or compression garment in that area.  I'm not sure when he'll start compression garment on the tummy, I think he waits for the drains to come out. 

I just want to know if this recent addition of bruising and pain is common and just my body working through all that it's been through?

-Rachel
Melissa M.
on 6/30/09 8:49 am - Seabrook, TX
I had a BL and LBL with butt auto aug and lipo.  I noticed the bruising got worse before it got better.  I am 2 weeks out today.  I didn't have lipo on my breast area but the bruising from that went away first.  Most is gone on my back and the side of my thighs still has some bruising but has gotten better.  Still a little sore here and there but for the most part is gone.  I've had more swelling in my back and hips than the front, mainly from the lipo and the butt flap.  My dr said that was normal since there was quite a bit done to my back side.  I've been wearing a sports bra since about 3 days out.  Just had a wrap before then.  I also woke up with a compression garment as well.  The dr has me take it off for an hour in the morning and in the evening to air out.  I can't wait for the hour to be over too because I can't stand being without it!

Hang in there, it will get better!
Melissa 
Most Active