Help me figure out my PS schedule

MartieGK
on 6/29/09 10:36 pm - Frederick, MD
RNY on 07/07/08 with
Even though I'm still 30 lbs to goal, I've been at the same weight for the last 6 months, and no amount of exercise, nutritional counseling, tracking, and wearing a body bugg has made the scale move.  I went for a PS consult and the surgeon thinks that lipo might take care of the rest (any fat I have is all located around my back) and apparently I'm quite muscular.  Any way, he thinks the surgery should be done in 2 stages.  First, the arms, breast lift and TT.  Then 6-8 weeks later, lipo the back and thigh lift.  Since I was a lightweight, I don't need an anchor cut, or lower body lift.  Here's the complicating factor- I'll probably be going on maternity leave for 3 months at some point when our adoption finally goes through, probably this fall.  I don't think it would be realistic doing 2 rounds of plastics during that time and trying to bond with a toddler at the same time. 

Is this a realistic schedule- get the upper part done (and take 2 weeks off work for recovery).  Travel to Korea for 5 days about 2 months later with DH to bring home our child.  When on maternity leave for 3 months, do thigh lift and back lipo then.  My mom will stay with me to take care of me (and hypothetical toddler).  So what do you think?  Is this timing realistic at all?  What about traveling outside of the country 2 months later?

trudie74
on 6/30/09 6:52 am - Round Rock, TX
I know we have alot of people here who did the breasts and tummy together...most are reluctant to return to work at 2  weeks off work  (longer if you can!).  But adding the arms will make it much harder to recover so I assume longer.  2 months to travel seems ok to me, but I don't know that one from experience just guessing.  I DO know the thighs.  Are you getting the vertical cut or the pantyline?  I did the pantyline and it has been far more difficult than my breasts and tummy, so having a baby or small child to care for in any way would be a nightmare.  Mom would be caring for you as much as your child lol.  Maybe you are tough, but I would do thighs without child and breasts/tummy after personally.  It is all a personal choice and all of our pain level tolerances and experiences are different.  Good luck!

Most Active