Too soon for plastics???

trishy
on 6/29/09 6:42 am
So I am over 9 months post op and losing the last of the weight I want to lose.  My goal is 140.  I have called a couple of plastic surgeons and made appointments for consults.  I initially had planned on waiting until the end of the year to start getting serious about plastics but I can't help but want them now... like yesterday..........So if all goes as planned I can schedule my surgery for late August/September. I should be at goal or very close to it by that time.  Someone I talked to says that it is too soon for me to get plastics...???? I don't get it?  If I am at my goal weight and (and reach it comfortably without dieting), why would I need to wait any longer for plastics? 

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/29/09 6:50 am
you should let your body stabalize with weight fluctuation before you have plastics.  I had maintained my weight for 6 mos before I did my plastics consult - a gain or loss too much will alter your results and for the pain of plastics - ONCE IS ENOUGH!  LOL 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

workingmommy
on 6/29/09 8:34 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I think that most PS will want you to have a stable weight for a certain amount of time.  I am almost three weeks post LBL.  I was exactly 18mo post RNY and I had maintained my weight for 6 months before my plastics.  Also, if you want to try to get insurance to pay for it, you are going to want to find out what their requirements are.  Mine was at least 18 months post WLS, and 6 months documented maintained weight.  I know it is hard to wait, but it will be better for you in the long run.

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

trishy
on 6/29/09 9:40 am
Your right.. It is very hard to wait..........ughhhhhhhhh....I am so tired of working out and then I look in the mirror.... and there goes my self-esteem.... 

Thanks to everyone for your advice.  I know deep down its not something to rush.  I am just not a patient person...

huskerfan85
on 6/29/09 8:53 am - Colorado Springs, CO
To even get insurance to considder mine, I had to have a stable weight for a minimum of 6 months, and be withing 20-30 pounds of my final goal.  Good Luck.
Gayle  6'2" 

MSHAMO
on 6/29/09 7:44 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
My PS got my insurance through as soon as I hit goal. I was afraid of losing my insurance so went ahead with my plastics and have had no problems at all!!! Good luck, I guess you should see what can be done with your insurance.
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Kathie L.
on 6/30/09 12:23 am - Castaic, CA
 Hi Trishy,

I had my first plastic surgery 13 months after my RNY with a total hip replacement 6 months after my RNY. My second plastics was 4 months after my first. I waited 5 months after reaching my goal weight before I began my plastics. Another consideration for you (as with me) was the weather. You'll be wearing compression garments which are really warm so you may want to wait until early fall to begin your procedures.

Good luck!

Kathie
California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
trishy
on 6/30/09 6:55 am
Thanks Kathie! I honestly had not even thought about the weather.

Most Active