When will I be normal again???

trudie74
on 6/29/09 1:18 am - Round Rock, TX
Well I am glad to hear that some version of Spanx has worked for some of you...I hate the heavy binder!  I like the support, but it doesn't fit my frame well since I am short waisted, so it really bugs me.  However, the not feeling normal for a year scares me!

MSHAMO
on 6/29/09 12:41 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI

I love my binder, too, but I'm also short waisted. I cut the bottom third off my binder all the way around so it's much shorter now and it's perfect!!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
jonscutie
on 6/29/09 1:58 am
I am 4 months post TT and 5 weeks post brachioplasty. I am using Flexees and Maidenform - basically the same thing - I buy them whenever I can find them on sale.

The nurse in my surgeons office told me that I wanted to get a good supportive girdle. I got a high waisted one with firm control. It really helps on the swelling. I also use the arm slimming camisole and "waist nipper". Looks like a corset.

Spanx never impressed me - it didn't have enough control. I am old enough to remember wearing a girdle to school so that is what I went looking for.

Good luck.

Michelle
Melissa M.
on 6/29/09 4:19 am - Seabrook, TX
I totally understand.  I'm 2 weeks out and I can't wait for normal either.  I sure hope I'll be able to wear normal clothes when I go back to work in  a few weeks!
Jessica H.
on 6/29/09 10:38 am - Johnson City, TN
I went back today and got the rest of my staples out.  The doc cleared me to come out of the binder and she said that wearing any other compression garmet was completely up to me.  I took the binder off and didn't wear it for abut 4 hours.  I just got home a few minutes ago and noticed that one of the drain sites was oozing some yuckiness...think that's due to not wearing the binder?  I'm definitely sending the Spanx back - and I'm going to shop around for some different compression garments.  For now, I'm back to the binder.  I think I still need the support of it and it does help with swelling.  I've bought some loose sundresses and skirts with elastic waists - so i feel somewhat normal.  I'm just not a sweats and t-shirt kind of gal - I enjoy dressing up!  I guess that stems from not being able to buy anything cute while wearing a size 26!  Thanks for all the repsonses...It helps to know what to expect with the swelling and the duration of it...guess we'll all just have to take it one day at a time...

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

Most Active