tt-er's...answers please--how long?

indybecca
on 6/27/09 7:08 am - Carmel, IN
I'm trying to schedule my extended tummy tuck, and work on a school schedule. Is it feasible to think I could do this ona 2-week break and get back to school on time?  My surgeon will not do more than 1 procedure at a time, so this is just for the tt.  Thanks for your help--it's great to read all the success stories!
dec721
on 6/27/09 7:54 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Hmmm, two weeks might be a little tough, but three ought to do it.  What is your job like?  I am a church organist and was back on the organ bench in three weeks.  Wasn't at 100%, but I could manage.  Best wishes!    --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Nicole P.
on 6/27/09 8:52 am - NH
I went back after 2 weeks and i should have taken longer.  mentally I was ok but physically my body felt otherwise.  I am now 3 weeks out and I am only doing half days for another week so ease my body back into things.

Good luck!

lap band 7/12/07, port revision 2/09
TT, lipo, BA 6/5/09

surgery
/present/goal/surgeons goal
250      148    160       150
Nicole

Jessica H.
on 6/27/09 8:55 am - Johnson City, TN
I had originally planned on having my TT over our Christmas vacation - plus I was going to take an extra week off for a total of 3 weeks.  I'm so glad I wasn't able to do that and had to wait until summer vacation.  I'll be three weeks post op on Monday and couldn't imagine going back to work right now!  I get so tired so easily.  A 15 minute trip to Wal-Mart this evening pretty much wiped me out for the night.  I would definitely take as much time as possible and not rush anything.  Good luck!

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

Lynette N.
on 6/27/09 10:38 am - LA
I am glad I stumbled onto this thread.  I am not having surgery till Christmas, but was told I could return to work in 2 weeks.  I am having a TT, BL and brachioplasty.  I may need to stretch my time out.
Lyn
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 6/27/09 11:18 am
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL - I just had an anchor cut TT and went back to work to my DESK job at 2.5 weeks and messed UP!!!!!  Had I been smarter - it would have been 3.5 to 4. 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

MyLady Heidi
on 6/27/09 11:24 am
I took off alittle less then 2 weeks, I believe it was 12 days when I returned to work from my extended tt with muscle tightening and my original neck lift.  I had no problems other then feeling pretty swollen by the end of the day but I would feel that no matter where I am.  I think the part people don't realize or I didn't realize is how long you will swell after a tt, I still get swollen at times and my tt was over 2 years ago.  Every month near my period time I get swollen and feel like I did early out.

Hugs Heidi
Melissa M.
on 6/27/09 1:13 pm - Seabrook, TX
UGH on the swelling!  I'm sorry to hear that, but glad you shared with us.  You hear of people swelling up to a year, but 2??  Oh well, guess it's just a price we have to pay for a flat belly.  I'm only a week and a half out and I can't wait for the scale to move down!
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/09 5:17 pm
Ansampson
on 6/27/09 9:33 pm
I would take longer if possible.
Most Active