Will insurance pay for the plastic surgery?

Mitchelle
on 6/27/09 10:56 am - Talladega, AL

I'm just starting this journey. I haven't even been to my seminar yet. I do that next month. But i know I will need ps. I need to lose about 275 lbs. I already have problems with the yeast or ulcers under my belly, under my breasts, in my underarms and in my groin.

Thanks so much!!
Mitchelle
(Michelle)

Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/27/09 11:17 am
The only person who can really give you accurate information on this is your own insurance company.  Check to see if they have an exclusion for all plastic surgery/reconstructive surgery.  Call them and talk to them.  In the meantime, document all of your problems with yeast and ulcers.  It's important that you have these things documented by your primary physician, just in case they do cover the surgery.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Joanne G.
on 6/27/09 12:40 pm - Vernon Rockville, CT
I am trying to get covered for panni sagging stomach skin,  take pictures and when you are ready then you will have them to show insurance.

Mitchelle
on 6/27/09 12:52 pm - Talladega, AL
Thanks for the advice. I know BCBS of AL does cover medically necessary plastic surgery, but I'm on the medicare part, so I'm not sure about that.

I worked for them and was in the department where people appealed for surgeries. Man, at the pictures we received. I guess I will be one of them now.

I'll call them on Monday to see if Blue Advantage covers it.

Thanks again!!
Mitchelle
laureen
on 6/28/09 12:26 am - WV
My insurance would not pay even after all the pic letters etc... But they did paid for my hernia...So I had panni done at the  same time ,so the operating room and Anastasia was paid for  because of that surgery. Than  I paid on 3,000 for panni and he also did a vertical  cut up to breast and pulled all that skin in.. I put half done and than 100. 00 a month no interest. I guess when you pay cash you get about half off.
Good Luck,
Laureen
Mitchelle
on 6/28/09 4:20 am - Talladega, AL
Thanks laureen. I'm sorry that your insurance wouldn't cover it. I'm glad you were able to get something worked out though, so you got rid of some of the skin.

Mitchelle
Lynette N.
on 6/28/09 5:48 am - LA
My insurance isn't covering anything from the WLS to the panni removal.  Nada! 
I am lucky though as I am not having issues with rashes etc like some.
Lyn
Mitchelle
on 6/28/09 5:54 am - Talladega, AL
I'm sorry your insurance doesn't cover anything. It only makes sense that insurance would want to help you get your weight off to help with other health issues.
Mitchelle
Most Active