brachioplasty

Lynette N.
on 6/26/09 12:25 pm - LA
I am scheduled to have brachioplasty and am wondering about my forearms.  There is lose skin on the forearm too.  Will this be removed?  If not, will it look funny having that lose skin on the forearm with tighter skin on the upper arm?  I see my PS again prior to surgery and plan to ask these questions at that time,but was wondering if anyone else had flabby forearms and what they did to resolve it. 
Dumbbell exercises?  Which ones?
Thanks
Lyn
DrL
on 6/26/09 2:28 pm - Houston, TX
The forearm can look out of balance if too much skin is removed from the upper arm, so it's all about the balance.  Unfortunately, there is not a surgical option to safely reduce the forearm skin and fat excess.
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Lynette N.
on 6/27/09 12:33 am - LA
Thanks - that explains why my research isn't finding anything.
Looks like its more dumbell weights
Lyn
MelissaF
on 6/27/09 5:55 am - Northwood, IA
Gonna be honest here.. I know of women with "flabbier" forearms and they had the brachio done.. they look very strange now.. if I were them I wouldn't have had it done or not to the extent they did now it looks very out of proportion like they traded one problem in for an obvious other.. not good at all... just throwing it in there... keep that in mind.  I also lift heavy weights and i have filled in with the tricep dips and lifts but it only helps so much.  I am not planning to do arms at this point... for me the scar is one more thing to hide and I already hide the "wing" so ... is that a help and worth all the pain and potential problems that come? I am not so sure at this point and leaning towards no for me.  I think it depends on the individual and the extent of the "wing" and forearm excess... hang in there and good luck with whatever you decide.
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

dec721
on 6/27/09 7:57 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
I'm flabby on the forearms, too, but my upper arms are so bad that they impede my work (I'm a choir director, flap flap flap!)  My surgeon is very conservative, so I imagine he will balance me out the best he can.  If not, at least I won't be making a slapping sound when I conduct, HA!     --Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Lynette N.
on 6/27/09 10:36 am - LA
Thanks for the input.  I think I need to talk to my surgeon again before I do this.  I don't want to look freakish.  My "batwings" are very lose and I hate that.  But I may have to rethink it and just live with it if there will be a huge difference. 
I may increase my arm weights to see if that will help.  The forarms seem to be tightening better than my upper arms but both look crappy
Lyn
Jupiter6
on 6/29/09 11:23 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
i had a massive brachioplasty on thurs...and while my upper arms are now smaller in a sense than my forearms, i'll be much more mobile i hope. will post pics soon.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Most Active