Tricare and TT

sweetbabi
on 6/26/09 7:08 am - Haines City, FL
I was curious to see if anyone was able to get Tricare to pay for their TT. I have a friend that just had it done a couple of months ago and they paid for it, but I lost contact with her. I'm wondering how hard it was to get it approved and what you needed to do. any input would be appreciated. TIA

I'm going in Aug to talk to my PCM about a referral for TT and Breast reduction and would like to have my "guns loaded" when I talk to him. He was great about helping me to get my RNY.

O. Kufi
on 6/26/09 11:51 am
I have Tricare but did not go that route but I have read others that have. Do a search on the site for Tricare it will give you some post on the topic.

Congratulations on your loss and I hope you are able to get approved.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

sweetbabi
on 6/26/09 12:24 pm - Haines City, FL
Thank you.   :)

Diane B.
on 6/27/09 7:59 am - Seymour, CT
Sorry, but I have Tricare standard, and was denied for a panni removal, not even a TT.  My RNY was approved quickly, but not the reconstructive surgery.  I have had 2 prescriptions for skin infections in the folds of my belly.  From the gist of the denial letter, they don't think it meets their requirements of severity.  My pannus does not hang over my pubis, but my extra skin is higher up, with my belly button getting lost in the crease of tummy skin.  I didn't have the time for an appeal, I'm off work for the summer, and needed to have it done quickly.  I am scheduled for an entire body overhaul in Mexico with Dr. Sauceda on July 8.  You may have better luck with the BR, or if you have any conditions other than rashes of your panni.  Good luck, Diane.
sweetbabi
on 6/27/09 10:22 am - Haines City, FL
Thank you for replying. Mine does hang down that far so maybe that will help with getting approved. I have 4 kids so lot of belly. I have lots of infections in my belly button that are recorded, but they were pre weight loss. I know how to fix them now so I don't go in for meds, maybe I should start though. It's even worse now because there is more skin and my belly button is even more squished. Ah well, I guess we shall see. Thank you again.  :)

Redhaired
on 6/29/09 3:54 am - Mouseville, FL
Your best bet is to find a plastic surgeon that is familiar with working with Tricare.  You will need to document that the skin issues are on-going and are not cured by prescription medications.  Yep, it is time to start establishing a paper trail for the existing problems.  They will also want pics of the hanging pannus to determine just how far down it hangs.

Red

sweetbabi
on 6/29/09 7:53 am - Haines City, FL
Thank you. Definitely getting started on that.

jonelle32514
on 6/29/09 1:03 pm - Pensacola, FL
Dr. Nye does TT and has been able to get some people approved with tricare.  He checked mine out at my last visit and said my belly does not hang down so tricare will not approve me.  My belly is weird, it doesn't hang when I am standing, but when I sit it just looks like have a fat roll. weird.  You should just talk to Dr. Nye.

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

sweetbabi
on 6/30/09 1:35 am - Haines City, FL
oooh, thank you so much. I did not know he did TT's. I wonder if he'd do it. See, my hubby is getting out of the military in Feb and we will no longer have Tricare so I want to get it done before then. I want to get approved now so i can have it done when I get to goal. I don't have much left. But I know alot of surgeons want you at a stable weight and stuff like that. I'm trying to work my way around it so my ins will cover it because I sure don't have the money and with hubby getting out it's going to be even tighter.

jonelle32514
on 6/30/09 3:09 am - Pensacola, FL
I would talk to them, they are very nice. I think he wants us to be a year out. Are you close to your own personal goal or his goal? His goal for me was 165 and I was like oh hell no lol.  I don't see why he wouldn't do it.  Some ladies have been above their goal weight because the skin that is being taken off has made them goal.  He did a LBL on my friend and I wished I could have gotten one, but he said there is no way tricare would pay for mine. I don't have enough money for a LBL, boobs and thighs so I am taking a loan against hubby's TSP for my boobs and thighs.  Good luck to you. I would just make an appt with them and tell them what you need.

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

Most Active