Looking for a surgeon NEw England or NYC

Kristina R.
on 6/25/09 6:13 am - Morrisville, VT
I live in VT, I don't think there are any plastic surgeons in the area who know anything about working with people with extreme weight loss. I want a LBL and brachioplasty. I've lost 180lbs and still losing but I want to get started on all the insurance crap now so that I can deal with any appeals I may have to do. I travelled to NYC to get my DS and i'm willing to travel for a good plastic surgeon as well.
Anybody have any suggestions?
   ~ Kris
HW/SW/CW/GW  379/337/155/160(pre PS)
NHskinnygirl
on 6/25/09 11:11 am - Nashua, NH
Hi Kristina,

Just wanted to tell you that they have a great Residency clinic at Mass General in Boston for plastic surgery.
I had a TT, brachioplasty & breast lift with implants. Many of the girls from my support group has used this clinic because it is at a fraction of the cost (Dr's that need to complete their training as chief resident before they can test for their lic)
They are overseen by the team of fully licienced PS and you get the best care at this hospital. My insurance company paid for my TT but the arms and the girls were done together with an over night stay for $5,300.00 I was quoted from 2 others 12,000-15,000  for all that work and that is for day surgery, no over night stay. If you call them just make sure to ask for the plastic surgery residency clinic or you will get an appt for the regular PS clinic and will be quoted the much higher price...
Good Luck...Laurie
Laurie in NH     Expect the Best !  You will receive the Best....
283/251/150    

Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/25/09 6:28 pm
I am wondering if they do out of towners.  My doc here quoted my arms and pannus removal at 13,900.00 and that was not for inpatient or overnight stay.  That was a quick in and out.  Do you know if they take out of towners?  Thanks for letting us know of this opportunity.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

NHskinnygirl
on 6/26/09 10:58 am - Nashua, NH
Hi there,

I'm sure they would if you gave proof to them that you would have help for after care. You do get drains and need to return in 7 to 14 days and I'm not sure they would give you the ok to travel until they saw you for after care and drain removal.
You might want to check a good teaching hospital in your area and see if they have a program like this but at least you could call and speak to the residency clinic at Mass General and ask them any questions you might have.
Good luck on your journey...Laurie
Laurie in NH     Expect the Best !  You will receive the Best....
283/251/150    

Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/26/09 11:59 am

I would be willing to stay in a hotel for 14 days if I needed to -- it would still be much cheaper than going with the doc here in this area.  I have checked here and  they don't have anything like that.  Thanks so much for this information!!

Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/25/09 6:30 pm
You and I have the same amount of weight to lose!  You have done great!  You're an inspiration to me!  Good luck with setting up your plastics!

Most Active