update 6 weeks after TT BL and Auto BA

dreamseeker
on 6/25/09 4:24 am
Hi All,

It was 6 weeks ago this past Monday that I had surgery.  I am finally feeling like a normal person.  I have been given permission to stop wearing and sleeping with the binder on woohoo and I no longer have to sleep in my bra.  

As I mentioned before my belly button waws not healing well.  Basically the surgeon says its a lost cause... basically its not going to turn out like he wanted it.  He has assured me that they will get me a scar with a pucker to look somewhat like a belly button.. I was very upset at the thought of losing my belly button but what else can one do?  Just go with the flow. 

Here are a couple pictures I had of the nurse (I am having home care 3 days a week) take so I could get a better look and watch the progress.   They say it looks great.  Its nice and clean and it is getting shallower... its pretty scary looking in the photos though.

Marnie 

zappre
on 6/25/09 4:40 am
I'm happy to hear you're well overall, though sorry to hear about your poor belly button, Marnie.  If it makes you feel any better, mine's healed fine and it doesn't really look like a belly button, more like a tiny pouch.  No matter what, I don't think they really can recreate what an original one looks like, just approximate so your makeshift one should do fine.  Glad to hear you're healthy and your abdomen looks great.

HW-373 / SW-352 / CW-160 / GW-185                     

dreamseeker
on 6/25/09 4:48 am
Thanks D.  Thats a relief to hear.... You should show us some updated photos :)

Marnie 

zappre
on 6/25/09 5:19 am
Soon, Baby, soon.  Final two drains come out Tuesday.  Then I'll be unencumbered and ready to show off. 

HW-373 / SW-352 / CW-160 / GW-185                     

dreamseeker
on 6/25/09 5:25 am
oh wow you still have drains in?? You poor guy... I was so happy to see them gone after a week.  Can't wait to see. :)

Marnie 

KellyMASS
on 6/25/09 6:10 am - MA
I'm sorry to hear about your belly button- how common is this?
Panni removal on 8*31*09~11lbs of skin removed!
353/324.5/299/180/165.. At ultimate goal! on 8/31/09/current 155lbs!!! 9/8/09
high/consult(4/18/07)/surgery weight/hopeful goal/ultimate goal
Surgery date 12/04/07...299 lbs... Ticker is from consult date.

dreamseeker
on 6/25/09 7:26 am
I am  not really sure.  I know that some surgeons don't bother to put in a belly button after but I think thats laziness on their part.  When I told my PS about seeing others with no belly button what so ever and that some had lost it due to having an umbilical hernia being repaired he was surprised since he has actually be in surgeries for those types of hernias to save the belly button.

I guess its a chance we take that the tissues could die as it is in fact a scar we are born with... I know it shouldn't be a big deal but I would feel real weird with my belly button or something like it. Its a landmark. :)  Everyone is different.  Its not life or death thats the main thing :)

Marnie 

brenda F.
on 6/25/09 7:03 am - whitney, TX
hi Hun ,sorry about yr belly button ..i was told last week when i seen my surgeon that i would lose my belly button ..hell i told him at my age big deal .i know to a lot of you beauty's that it means a lot to y'all ..your every beautiful ...good luck .Red in TX .
was 400+ june 15th,06,..now 145-150 as of may15th,09 ... wow!!!what a ride .   
dreamseeker
on 6/25/09 7:26 am
THanks Red and best wishes to you as well :)

Marnie 

huskerfan85
on 6/25/09 8:52 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Sorry about the belly button, but at least you are healing.  Your incision looks great!!
Gayle  6'2" 

Most Active