Has anyone tried that eyelash medication?

miakawa
on 6/25/09 1:47 am - athens, GA
Im talking about Lumingan by allergan. Does it work? On the PS journeys board, people seem to like it and say that you can buy it cheap from alldaychemist.com in generic form. Has anyone done this? Is it safe? Does it work?

PS
I just discovered that a good eyebrow waxing makes more difference than a chemical peel in your age appearance. I'm serious.
dawnspaints
on 6/25/09 2:42 am - Carlyle, IL
I have never heard of eyelash med. what does it do? I get my eyebrows waxed every 8 weeks
slowgoing
on 6/25/09 5:48 am - CA
I've heard about Latisse - sounds like the same thing, that the Dr.'s are promoting.  Supposedly it works, but you have to continually use it or the lashes return to their same appearance.  I think the cost is about $150 a month to maintain.  That's crazy expensive for "thicker" eyelashes.  Also, warnings on the packaging say something to the effect "may" cause dark brown skin above the lashes, which may or may not go away. 

arline
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 6/25/09 7:38 am
I've thought about it, but after learning that you can change pigment of the iris to brown, I decided not to.

If my eyes were already brown, I may try it, as they can only get darker brown, but mine are green, and I like them that way. My sister has blue, and used it and got some brown flecks in the blue, so discontinued it. It also made the edges of her lids dark.

For now I'm getting lash extensions, and going to stick with them.
DrL
on 6/26/09 2:23 pm - Houston, TX
I don't know about the off-label use of Lumigen for eyelashes. I know Latisse has a special applicator, maybe to keep it out of the eyes and causing problems ?

Latisse is popular and has a high satisfaction rate among users:

http://www.realself.com/Latisse/reviews
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Jessie T
on 6/29/09 10:11 pm - Boonies, MN
I got some Latisse. It was 125.00 for (I think) a three month supply. I stopped using it because I had surgery but, definately noticed longer thicker lashes! I haven't used it now for a month and a half and my lashes are still nice. My eyes are brown so I haven't seen that change! Great stuff IMO!

Most Active